Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

frame for my 3 year old with 16" wheels

Huray!!! The proportions work out well. Took the'naked' bike home to see if it was oke before I will finish it.
  2. J

sorry. i started to work with no phone or camera around. So these are the first photo of the frame.
  3. J

My daughter loves to ride her bicycle. But with those standard 12.5 inch wheels it's hard to keep up with the rest of the family. So I tried to make a frame what would fit her proportions but with 16 inch wheels
  4. J

Big Wheel All Growed Up!

found it already (this one changed my opinion on trikes)
  5. J

Big Wheel All Growed Up!

Just cut away the yellow cross over (to attach brakes I guess) and your fork will look much cooler. I had a similar fork and did the same. See for yourself at my post (first timer). Found a pic of a really cool trike once, will search my harddisk for it. Maybe it was on this forum. good luck...
  6. J

first timer

Thanks for all these positive reactions. By the way it's not a shop I am working from (unfortunately). I am working in my classroom where I teach children with both heavy behavioural problems and learning disabillities as well (in the age of 12 till 18) during the day. There will absolutely...
  7. J

first timer

open for all comments and tips I really enjoyed building this bike and ready for more.
  8. J

first timer

the reveal (is that how you call it?) and off he went...
  9. J

first timer

finished!
  10. J

first timer

re-assembly
  11. J

first timer

12. J

first timer

ready for paint I guess
  13. J

first timer

14. J

first timer

and found a way to fix the mountainbike seat also added a little wheel to make sure the chain would pull straight and after that it was time to make a chain-guard... battery died, so wasn't able to make pictures of the welding process
  15. J

first timer

the straigter steeringhouse was more succesfull though. The little guy was able to ride the bike. made a new steer. much like the straight angle one, only wider and longer handles added a fender in the back as well and added some lights. (I must learn to make more pics during the process)
  16. J

first timer

re-welded it with a more straight up steering. Now experement with some differences in steers both not really succesfull.
  17. J

first timer

turned out he wasn't really able to cycle it. Had to cut it up once more
  18. J

first timer

As a bike builder 'virgin' I decided to start building a bike for my four year old son. I have no technical backgrounds or anything. Just the path of trial and error. Started working with metal two years ago and love it since. Here are some pics. Hope you folks like it. greetz Joep
  19. J

newbie from Holland

Hi, I am Joep 35 years old, living in the Netherlands with my wife and two kids I am new on this forum. Just build a bike for my four year old son. Made it from scratch, but viewing the other scratchbuilders work on this forum I decided to go and place it in the regular building topic. (.......
Back