Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JimSchuc

LETS SEE THOSE MONARKS!!!

Here are some pics of a Monark that recently passed through the shop where I work Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. JimSchuc

schwinn straight bar gallery

Here is my '55 Schwinn Spitfire Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. JimSchuc

Tried the WD-40 bath as suggested by @Pedal_junky . Then cleaned with citrus degreaser & then coated it with 2 coats of Meguiers cleaner wax.
  4. JimSchuc

Thanks @Araya51 . I'll try the CLR. Yep I'm definitely lucky to get this bike. My friend got it for free from another friend and was already restoring another bike. Plus he kinda owed me for that mint condition Typhoon which got stolen when I let him borrow it 15 yrs ago. (Not that I was holding...
  5. JimSchuc

Definitely keeping the bag hangers @LukeTheJoker . I delivered papers on a Stingray with baghangers.
  6. JimSchuc

Here's the saddle that I might use. Any hints on rust removal from the paint?
  7. JimSchuc

Gift from a friend . Haven't picked it up yet. I don't plan on changing much. Probably just rust removal, new pedals & tires & Chain and perhaps a sprung Brooks leather saddle.
  8. JimSchuc

My Spaceliner Project

Not the greatest picture but I finally finished my friend's Spaceliner repaint.
  9. JimSchuc

My Spaceliner Project

My Spaceliner Project/Progress Report Just received This tail light lens from a forum member today. Work continues on rack.
  10. JimSchuc

My Spaceliner Project

Thanks for you comments and for sharing photos of your builds. All very sweet bikes. My build will be a resto. I plan on keeping it pretty close to stock. The color is pretty close to stock. A tank would be nice but I'm already over budget. I got a ladies Spaceliner for dirt cheap from a friend...
  11. JimSchuc

My Spaceliner Project

Spaceliner project in early stages . so far it's a frame with the first of several cots of lacquer and a heap of parts. Some from the original bike and some from a ladies Spaceliner IMG_0732 by JimSchu, on Flickr Work in Progress by JimSchu, on Flickr
  12. JimSchuc

Howdy. I'm new here, and I brought a Spaceliner.

I found a tail light for my Spaceliner but I like your Ideas and will consider them for future projects.
  13. JimSchuc

Greeting from Northwest Indiana newbie.

Hoosier Shoutouts. Thanks guys. Nice to see some Hoosiers up in here. Here's My frame and some parts. IMG_0732 by JimSchu, on Flickr Work in Progress by JimSchu, on Flickr
  14. JimSchuc

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

IMG_2504 by JimSchu, on Flickr Here is my 2004 Felt F70
  15. JimSchuc

show your Spaceliners!!

Work in Progress by JimSchu, on Flickr Here's what I've got so far . I had the frame sand blasted and have applied the first of several coats of rattle-can lacquer.
  16. JimSchuc

Howdy. I'm new here, and I brought a Spaceliner.

Sweet bike. I recently acquired a Spaceliner with the same rear rack as yours . It was also missing the tail light lens. Did you have any luck finding one for your bike. Thanks.
  17. JimSchuc

Greeting from Northwest Indiana newbie.

Hello all. My name is Jimmy and I am in the midst of my first restoration. I have been into bicycling for decades but mostly on road bikes. I have always done my own repairs and maintenance when possible so I got to be pretty handy with bikes. Recently a friend asked me to paint his bicycle. At...
Back