Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

SHOW ME YOUR WORKSPACE / SHOP

Thanks guys, that's the only way my wife would let me keep my bikes, if I keep the mess down.
  2. F

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Yes sir.
  3. F

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

4. F

Sturmey Archer X-RDC drum brake hub

you can spread it open using the same bolt, thread it in on the other side and put a coin in between the gap to act as a wedge. i use this old trick to open quill stems to mount handlebars with awkward and almost impossible to mount bends.
  5. F

I have seen a SA with cassette freehub taken apart and unfortunately the freehub body is not Shimano. Looking closely though, it might take a Shimano pawl 8)
  6. F

Thanks, yeah I haven't really measured the rear spacing yet. But the dropouts does spread a little bit when you undo the hubs, I am guessing it is set to 135mm as well. Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping you have the cassette freehub. I read somewhere that the freehub pawls doesn't last...
  7. F

Bottom Bracket threads......HELP

Most likely you have a raleigh type bottom bracket. Modern bottom brackets will not thread in. If you forced one in, then the bb shell is fubar.
  8. F

It is a seat clamp with shim. It would be nicer and easier to install if it was hinged. This will work for now.
  9. F

By the way, this is the bike I am working on. Already have the SA X-FD front hub, and SA coaster.
  10. F

Hi, I am looking to put a rear brake on my cruiser and this hub seems to fit the job. Anyone with a personal experience with this hub? Having a cassette option, I can play with my chainline easier using a single speed spacer kit. Just have to worry about on how to route the brake cable...
  11. F

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

i know you! 8) man, that's a sweet transformation, although it is sweet too as it is bone stock. for a production cruiser, i really dig that it came with disc brakes. :wink:
  12. F

Non-Factory / Homemade racks

i like old skis
  13. F

Let's see your bike in front of...

flooded creek..
  14. F

What's your ratty commuter look like?

'92 Breezer Sky
  15. F

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

^nice, what rear hub are you using?
  16. F

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE Neo-Klunk
  17. F

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

yes. i adjusted it for the shortest pull. i might try a dedicated short pull lever for canti and compare.
  18. F

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

XTR with adjustable pull
Back