Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. negril

NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

I saw these bikes at the Santa Maria Ca Walmart last week. Available in four or five colors, all in stock. Aluminum frame. $199. They're not available on the website.
  2. negril

Any ideas who made this frame ????

Here's the finished product. Thanx for all of your help. http://daytona.craigslist.org/bik/3005539186.html
  3. negril

Electra Bicycle Pics

Really nice Rat Fink olschbp. Will you tell me the brand and availability on the springer setup. I have a Boney Finger and would love to do the same with mine. I can't find anything compatible. Thanx
  4. negril

Felt Bicycle Pics

Cool bike. Good comment about the tires, I agree. Looks really authentic.
  5. negril

Hey guys, for your information I ran into another "generic" 3 piece crank setup. I've attached some pics. Its an old Huffy "Matterhorn" mountain bike.
  6. negril

My Best Craig's Find Yet

Got my rear Straight 8 wheel, shifter, cable and controller today. Front wheel due on the 28th. You can't beat Amazon for service and shipping. Thanx again for the tip, Jeremy.
  7. negril

My Best Craig's Find Yet

Thanx for the tip, Jeremy. I just ordered a pair from Amazon to be on the safe side. Should be here by 3/25. I've been using the Phat cruiser for the past few days and its really an impressive bike. Really nice, comfortable ride and super light. The frame is what drew me to this bike -...
  8. negril

My Best Craig's Find Yet

Wow, two weeks in a row lucked out !! I lucked out again today, aluminum Phat cruiser, converted from 21 speed to Nexus 3. Conversion done within the past few weeks, everything new. Weighs 30 pounds as it sits. Alum bars, fork, frame, seat post, wheels. Basically the way it looked when I...
  9. negril

My Best Craig's Find Yet

Thanx, Guys. I emailed Nirve inquiring if there was enough clearance for fat 24" tires and wheels on this bike and they told me the older model "Skulls" cruiser with the same frame had a springer front end. I'm seriously thinking of buying a set of Electra "Straight 8" wheels and some Thick...
  10. negril

My Best Craig's Find Yet

I agree. I rode this bike a bit yesterday after I cleaned it up and the springer is great. I have a Nirve Skulls but the Fifty-Three is much more comfortable.
  11. negril

My Best Craig's Find Yet

Found this Nirve Fifty-Three on Craig's yesterday, picked it up today. A few scratches but near new condition. Still has the plastic cover on the headbadge. Best $150 I've spent in a long time. I'm thinking about a set of Electra 24" Straight 8 wheels (3 spd, black checkerboard rear with red...
  12. negril

New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Glad to hear it. I'll look forward to your pics. Of course you may already have it since I just noticed your post today(Sat).
  13. negril

Forgot to mention: I forgot I had an older EarthCruiser here. I checked the serial number stamping and its nothing like the frame I'm currently working on. I know that means nothing concrete and those stamping can change from year to year but it just makes me lean all the more to Torker.
  14. negril

Thank you all for your interest and help. I've pulled up a bunch of Torker pics and it really does look like the same frame. All of the Torker bikes I've seen with specs listed are 19" frames and thats what mine is. Also, after looking at the Torker pics I realized I have a springer front end...
  15. negril

By a frankenbike I presume you're thinking someone put a bunch of pieces together? Honestly, I doubt it. If you'll notice the pink color on the chainwheel. The aluminum wheels are exactly the same color. I know the woman who owned this bike and it was bought from a local bike shop (now out...
  16. negril

The coaster arm simply says Bendix 76, Mexico. I don't know if the "76" is a date code. Its an older bike but it doesn't look quite that old although anything is possible. Thanx for your interest.
  17. negril

If you read the post it states that its a three piece crank with cup bearings and push in races, not the normal screw in caps with the usual three piece crank and bottom bracket. Maybe you've never seen a setup like I describe.
  18. negril

Does anybody recognize this frame? I bought this bike without a headbadge and no other decals or other ID. I believe its a better quality bike because of the components on it. It has a three piece crank with cup bearings instead of a screw in bottom bracket. The serial number is made up of 5...
  19. negril

New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Hey Tater, I was actually going to email you with that info because I've noticed you follow (and own) Felt bikes. Sorry but I've been quite busy and didn't get to it. From what I understand there were four in Ontario at Felt on Friday but whether they are still there is doubtful. I had two...
  20. negril

New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Finally !!! My Deep 6 After months of waiting I just picked up my new Deep 6, what a beauty. Here's a few pics: Unfortunately you can't use the bars inverted because the grips have metal ends and line up perfectly with the tank - bummer. You can be extremely careful with the bars...
Back