Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Toeslider

Still some classics out there!

Picked this beauty in the rough up this weekend for a pretty reasonable price, considering it was in an antique mall. It could stand to be “un-patinaed” a little bit, but I can see enough of the head badge and chain guard to make out it’s a Wards Hawthorne Jet Star. Haven’t really looked for...
  2. Toeslider

Return of the “Hey, that’s cool!” thread...

This is the place where you post links or pictures of cool stuff you see in other peoples builds. As always, the only rule is don’t post your own stuff!
  3. Toeslider

W I D E & Loaded - OUT, unfortunately ☹️

Here’s some pictures of stuff to gander at: Not sure how much of this stuff will even work together yet, but here’s my parts pile. I kinda gathered this stuff assuming the build off was going to go to September again, so hopefully this won’t be a big DNF. I’m gonna build it anyway, so no big...
  4. Toeslider

CyCLo KiLLeR

Look at me, bein’ a day early and what not! Kind of a departure for me this year. I usually lean towards more aesthetically pleasing lines, but this one was more of a “fun” build for me. Pretty happy with the end result, but now I have to find a place to keep it. Final full bike shots:
  5. Toeslider

Who has a pretty/girly/flowery/innocent/kidlike banana seat for sale?

So my deal for a Care Bears seat went nowhere, looking for a banana seat to contrast the violence of my build off bike. Something flowery or with teddy bears or unicorns or rainbows or my little ponies, IDK? Let me know what you got and how much. Now's your chance to unload one of those...
  6. Toeslider

CyCLo KiLLeR - Last minute details, and a teaser!

That’s all you get right now. I got a million ideas in my head, but no parts to speak of...yet, but I’ve been DYING to do something with this frame/bike for a while now.
  7. Toeslider

'MeriCruiser

The finished product: Where it all started: Build thread: https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/%E2%80%98mericruiser.111177/ Not really where I intended to go with it, but it makes me happy so I will present it to the world. Let's see exactly how many pictures I can add to...
  8. Toeslider

BO15 ‘MeriCruiser

I guess I’m back! Was going to skip this year, but got an idea for a pretty basic Bomber (for now), so I raided the junk pile for a starting point. Expect it to be a red-blooded salute to lethargy, and it’ll probably have at least 1 cup holder. This is all you get for now:
  9. Toeslider

Moved some bikes around today...

Cleared up some space in the barn and finally put all four of my build-off bikes in one spot. I’ve been moving two of them around because they are always in the way, and the other two were just in random spots. Thought they deserved better than that. Haven’t given the first one (on the left)...
  10. Toeslider

Looking for exercise bike crank arms

So, a teacher at my school has an exercise bike in her classroom that has two stripped out crank arms (at the pedals). Looking for a couple square-taper crank arms, size isn’t a huge deal, but the important thing is that neither arm has a chain ring attached to it. Needs to be a left and right...
  11. Toeslider

Stratos - Finished

Build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/stratos.108739/ Finished photos:
  12. Toeslider

Stratos

This is all you get for now: This is going to be a mild build for me, more of an "attitude adjustment". Starting with a new bike again, which I kinda really don't like. As it sits it doesn't do much for me, but I think it has potential. It will be interesting to see how some of the parts...
  13. Toeslider

Anyone find anything cool in Ann Arbor or at Memory Lane?

Hit both this weekend, lots to see, feel like I scored enough to make the trip worthwhile. Found these handlebars at ML, they may become part of my build-off bike, depending on how they fit: Also found this stem at ML. It's a little scary looking from a riding standpoint, but I think it...
  14. Toeslider

Neighbor dropped off an interesting bike.

Ran into my neighbor in the supermarket a few weeks ago and he said he had a bike taking up space in his barn. Told him to drop it off at my place sometime, fast forward and I come home from work and this is in front of my garage: It's obviously not that old, probably about 10 years old or so...
  15. Toeslider

Anyone else been going crazy at a Performance Bicycle liquidation sale?

I've spent so much money on stuff I really don't need there in the last month. I'm well over a grand by now. 5 bikes, 50 tubes, a big box of SE Racing parts, tires, the list goes on. I've bought an SE Big Ripper and Big Flyer, two cruiser bikes because they were cheap and cool, and a single...
  16. Toeslider

THICK as a BRICK

.....Aaaaannnddd, done! (Just like I said 3 months ago.) Here's the money shot: Here's the build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/thick-as-a-brick-last-peek.106398/ Here is when we first met: Neat, but kinda bland. Here are a bunch of full pictures of the...
  17. Toeslider

Anyone plan on working on their bike more AFTER the deadline?

Just wondering how many other people have ideas that you just can't squeeze into the allotted time? I'm pretty sure there are some parts I ordered that I won't get in time to make them work. I also have some ideas that are probably just too time consuming to make happen before the deadline...
  18. Toeslider

Help from someone in the U.K.?

Thought I'd try this before I give up. There is a sprocket I want from an ebay seller in the U.K., but even though the auction says it ships to the US I haven't had luck getting them to do it. No real communication about options, when ebay said I had to pay up on the buy it now deal I had I...
  19. Toeslider

RRBBO13 THICK as a BRICK <Last peek!>

......aaaaand, done: Seriously though...I know it's a cool bike to begin with, but I think I can make it way cooler. If not, the idea is to be able to return it to its stock form as you see here. I don't think that will happen, but if it really doesn't turn out like it looks in my head I...
  20. Toeslider

Central Ohio Bike Swap 2018

Sunday, March 18 at the Frankilin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard Ohio. Can't find a link right now, but I believe it "starts" at 11am tomorrow. Get there earlier if you still want to reserve a spot ($15, indoors or outdoors, they should still have plenty of space) or if you want to help people...
Back