Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

4-Lowco: Air Ride, 4-link, 3-spd

Thanks guys! I haven't done any work on this in a long time, but hopefully I can pull it out and hack away on it some this winter. I haven't forgotten about it, I've just been extremely busy.
  2. I

Mig welder

Well mig stands for Metal Inert Gas, so without tanks, you just have a flux-core welder as has already been said. Both use a shielding gas, but a flux core burns a flux inside the wire to provide this gas, whereas the mig supplies it through the welding liner around the outside of the wire...
  3. I

Let's see your old motorcycles!

This was my '74 CB750. It was originally chopped up in the late 70's by some unknown hack artist and I got it in complete but unridable condition. I rewelded a few things, added the pinstriped sportster tank, rebuilt the engine and carbs, laced a harley wheel to the honda drum brake hub, added...
  4. I

26 inch mags (wheelchair wheels)

I would think it would be easy to machine the center of the wheel out and press a hub in with some type of adhesive for insurance. Granted, I'm a bike newb so my idea may be worthless haha.
  5. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Not much of an update, but it's a lot of work. Spent a couple of hours grinding everything down, then filling pinholes. I also did a burst test on it by pressurizing it to 170psi, which is 50psi more than it will ever see in use. There are still a few tiny...
  6. I

Can I possibly make this cool? Should I?

I'd pay $25 for that frame. Like you said, it looks interesting. I can see some potential.
  7. I

PayPal as a gift

Not sure where you got this info... link?? Paypal does provide protection on any transaction: https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/safe ... ffEbay.htm
  8. I

PayPal as a gift

Personally, I never send cash as a gift because you waive any protection by doing so. I will generally add a few bucks to the total to cover fees for the seller.
  9. I

No Use for a Name...back at it again

Re: No Use for a Name... Looking good! I"m about to face the same kind of handlebar dilemma on my build also. I'm interested to see how you do yours.
  10. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Finally got around to working on this some more, the holidays were very hectic and I didn't get much garage time. Got the fork tubes welded up at the bottom. I'll trim the excess up top off later; my handlebars will bolt to the forks up top. Mocked...
  11. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Looks good! The C10 is nice too, the 67-72 is my dream truck, but I love the older ones as well. For CNC work, the shop I use has pricing software that comes up with a price based on number of resets (every time the tool head has to be lifted) and total cut...
  12. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build The tubes will slide in and be welded to the lower tree. They will protrude 1.5" out of the top tree and the handlebars will clamp to them, so that the whole assembly is removable by removing the bars and center nut.
  13. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Thanks for the info... I'm still a ways off from ordering wheels, but I'll keep that in mind. If 80mm is the widest I can go without offset, then 80mm it is. I considered the fat franks as well, I like the way they look, but could not find a whitewall...
  14. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build I have no idea on the wheels. I was trying to find some bare hoops to lace to hubs I already have, but quickly found that bicycle tire/wheel sizes are retarded. I have a lot of reading to do before I decide on something. I wanted to run a Thick Brick...
  15. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build They look good, until you try to stick a 1.5" OD tube into a 1.5" ID hole. DOH. Got to go pick up a little flapper wheel tomorrow to open the holes up a bit.
  16. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build
  17. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build
  18. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Triple trees:
  19. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Everything holds air except for the seat tube and neck. I've been chasing pin holes all day. Right now it takes around 40 mins for it to leak down from 120psi to 50psi, but it has to be perfect since I have no back up plan to the air ride and can't have it...
  20. I

Re: 4-Lowco: A newbie's first build Finished the fabrication on the frame. Pressure tested it and found a couple of pin holes that I need to fill, but this is pretty much it's final state. This is where the air cylinder attaches: I also lengthened this thing (not sure what it's called)...
Back