Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. IronDio

Re-routing chain

Thanks. It looks pretty cool in there, I think... I just wanted some feedback before I start taking apart 10 speeds. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  2. IronDio

Re-routing chain

Has anybody tried this to change your chainline? I switched the wheels on my BONINE build "The Graverobber", and now I have rubbing issues in my chain line. The ring stays in place when I pedal it, but, I still need to go bigger. I just want to know if anybody has tried this, and have you had...
  3. IronDio

FAVORITE PHOTO VOTE

We used seamless paper in my wife's studio. it goes from the ceiling out to about 8 feet from the wall on the floor. It was like 110" wide or something, so just the edges were blended out and then the vignette added. I wanted the bike to be the star, not the background. I was inspired by The...
  4. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T: Finally

Phew!!! Now that it's officially posted, a few details… Frame, forks, tank, seat: Hiawatha Chain Guard: Packard Rear Rack: Elgin Pedals: CCM Wheels, Grips, Crank, Chain, etc: Huffy Seat cover, Horn mounts, Rack handle: Ladies Purse, not stolen Rear Reflector: Vintage toy gun holster Headlamp...
  5. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T: Finally

Here is my "Las Ditch F-4T". I hope you like it as much as I do!
  6. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

Good Morning! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  7. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

**Friday** Brought home some steel wool. I worked the paint a bit to make it match the rest of the bike a bit more. I used some more purse parts to mount a dual horn setup as well. I got a late start, then, I had an issue with the fringes on the seat. I hopefully have that solved. I think...
  8. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

Dried quickly, and put it back together. I can't find my steel wool, so, aging will have to wait until tomorrow. I needed to find a reflector for the back of the rack...that was becoming a chore on short notice. Until, that is, I found this sweet, vintage toy gun holster! How sweet is that...
  9. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

Thanks for the good vibes, everyone! **Thursday** Time to tie in those pistachio rims a bit more. Mixed up some matching paint at work today. Got it all masked off and prepped. Tried a few new things with this one. First, I didn't want to have to work the rust around the tank rot too much, so...
  10. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

**Wednesday** Seat time. My wife was just throwing away this purse! Can you believe it?? I'm calling this seat "The Calvin" after my mullet-ed coworker. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  11. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

Thanks. I almost always ditch those...just haven't done it yet. Still more to do. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  12. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

Thanks! I have been wanting one of these for a long time. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  13. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

I'm very happy with the results! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  14. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

**Tuesday** The chain guard was a great addition. But, it needed something more... I didn't want to add fenders, I was digging the look I had going. But, it needed something behind the seat. I had a rear rack off an old Elgin that I decided would be a good fit... It was just begging for a...
  15. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

**Monday** I removed the original crank and added the wheels, tires, chain and crank that were intended for the Dead Sled...she was already a rider! Then, I remembered the Packard chain guard that I had been saving! It was grey primer, and it just wouldn't do. I hit it with a good coat of red...
  16. IronDio

Las Ditch F-4T

The Lead Sled is dead. I didn't think I would enter a bike this year after I gave up on the Sled. Then, I went to the annual local Car Show/Swap Meet... **Sauturday** I found this beauty! I was in love, and got it for a pretty fair price! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  17. IronDio

Lead Sled (Vlog 2 Posted)

I did find a sweet Hiawatha frame at the swap meet this weekend... I threw the crank and the wheels that were going to be on the lead sled. I had a chain guard off an old Packard bicycle that had just been sitting around. I had to paint it to match the frame, so I sprayed some red oxide primer...
  18. IronDio

Lead Sled (Vlog 2 Posted)

Well, Summer got away from me. A little too much happened and I just realized that the deadline is this weekend. I just don't have it in me to put in all nighters and throw together something halfa** in this competition. I'm super bummed out about it, but, I'm out. Maybe next year. Good luck...
  19. IronDio

CCM Ninja: Calling it Done!

It took some getting used to, but it's really not bad. It rides SO nice! I added a few finishing touches. A phone mount (for utility), couple of decals, and some pinstriping at the gussets.
  20. IronDio

CCM Ninja: Calling it Done!

Got my brake and lever today. Decided to trim some more off the bars...make more of a statement with it. It's clean, comfortable and tight...and if my serial number decoding is correct, it's a 1966 model? Not to shabby for a 49 year old!
Back