Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. auditech10

Boa-G’s on 80mm rim, how wide are they really?

Good morning fellow builders! I have a question, and the title pretty much sums it up. I was wondering if anyone has put the Boa-G’s (26x3.45) on an 80mm wide rim. I have a Nexus 7 speed that I want to lace into them, but want to make sure the tire/rim combo won’t be too wide for the chain line...
  2. auditech10

Fat Bottom Girl (it's a chopper, not a girl) for sale.

The time has come to part with my 2017 build off entry, Fat Bottom Girl. I've had my fun, rode it to work, entered a car show (didn't trophy, haha). Most may remember the build thread, it received many compliments. It gets more in person. Since I don't have any point of reference to go by for...
  3. auditech10

Build Off 12 Voting booth broken links

I didn't want to muddy up the voting booth by posting at the bottom, but there appears to be several links to finished threads that aren't working properly. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just user error on my part?
  4. auditech10

L'Angelo di Ferro

*throws hands up, walks out of room* Amazing work, right down to the wire! As a fellow competitor, I have to say, I think you've got this one in the bag.
  5. auditech10

Chop, Cut, Shuffle...now Fat-Bottomed Girl... Finished!

I still can't believe I put a Porsche wheel on a bicycle. The fact that it is comfortable to ride is even more amazing. Thank you for all the support from the forum, but most of all, from my wife. She has been my biggest cheerleader during this entire build. Not once did she complain about...
  6. auditech10

Cut, chop, shuffle, let's see what happens!

In the name of transparency, I listed some of the mistakes and mishaps with the paint. In my opinion, the build thread is meant to highlight all the major steps, good and bad. This build has been quite a treat, a lot of ups and downs. Thank you for all the positive feedback, and many tips that...
  7. auditech10

Put a fork in it, she's done! Look for the finished thread soon! Good luck to everyone that entered!
  8. auditech10

@OddJob I wasn't being sarcastic, but as long as it looks good from where you're sitting that's all that matters right? I'm a bit of a perfectionist, which isn't a good thing with a timed build. Up close, there are spots where filler is already cracking, and the clear coat caused the base coat...
  9. auditech10

I'm not terribly happy with how paint turned out. Glass, filler, and primer seemed to fight me at every step. Just waiting for paint to dry completely, then hanging them on the bike.
  10. auditech10

It's a rider! Took it for a spin around the block, interesting to say the least. Even with gear reduction, it isn't made for hills. With the wide back wheel, it moves with every change in the road. Turns have to be leaned into from the seat, not the bike itself. The wobble from the rear wheel...
  11. auditech10

Brakes and shifter cables are routed and adjusted. Glazing putty for the fender is next. No paint today, wind gusts of 30mph would make things difficult.
  12. auditech10

To finish out the evening, I started cable routing. I had thought at one point about going with internal routing, but I have nowhere near the time for that. I will have to go the traditional route, fortunately with the flowing lines of the frame I can follow pretty close and hide the cables. The...
  13. auditech10

The bars are now officially finished, the black chrome didn't look right, so I went with satin black as originally planned. Some two finger Tektro knock-offs will help slow me down. I had to use tandem shift and brake cables to reach the hub and calipers.
  14. auditech10

I have decided to go with a front fender. Nothing fancy, but it looks nice. I will post a full picture of it once it is mounted solid. I also installed the headlight, which is just the right size. I also touched up the top and bottom fork mounts with satin black, and shined up the fork legs.
  15. auditech10

As far as the fender, I had to scrap the scales. Adhering them was proving difficult and time consuming. I'm going to finish smoothing it out and paint it the way it is. I think it may work out better. I should have time to mount a fender to the front, which I think will help balance it out, maybe.
  16. auditech10

The bars are finished and painted. Instead of straight black, I decided to go a different route. The bare metal looked so good, I did a black chrome effect. I polished the steel as best I could, then applied the translucent black paint. I went heavy at the front of the bars, then faded as they...
  17. auditech10

I started installing the drivetrain last evening. The hub really pops against the darker color of the frame. Slowly chipping away towards a rider, it won't be long now!
  18. auditech10

Thanks KOTA! I'm sure there will be a learning curve, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.
  19. auditech10

I agree Luke, but she is a little long, I was trying focus more on the bars, which are also pretty long, haha.
  20. auditech10

It was a late night last night, bent and welded the handlebars. I'm happy with the way they turned out. I'm thinking satin black for the color.
Back