Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Z

Schwinn Panther 2012

what 440, i have seen rusty single speed Schwinn corvettes go for more then that.
  2. Z

Schwinn Panther 2012

well i have been riding around the city alot more, so i have been looking for something with multiple gears, and better brakes. don't get me wrong, the 59 Schwinn does pretty good, just not great with hills :lol: :lol: . i also like the super deluxe Schwinn just put out with the springer, but...
  3. Z

Schwinn Panther 2012

Has anyone seen the new 2012 Schwinn Panther, or better yet does anyone have one. i have been thinking about buying one, and was just wondering if anyone tried one out.
  4. Z

Stem Removal

well in the process of getting the fork screw out the head broke off, so now i have to file a grove in the screw to get it out the rest of the way :lol: . at least the problem of my loose ape handlebars is fixed by the use of a shim.
  5. Z

Stem Removal

your right its been broken off in the wedge. i also need to know if i need to loosen the part at the bottom of the stem right before you get to the front of the frame.
  6. Z

Stem Removal

well i soaked it, and then applied some wd 40 but the stem bolt wont seem to screw back in. any ideas.
  7. Z

Stem Removal

thanks for the input, i will give it a good soak because the stem will not even budge right now.
  8. Z

Stem Removal

newbie question here, i am trying to remove the stem from my Schwinn but i am not sure what i am doing wrong, i managed to get the bolt out from the stem, but i am unable to remove the screw from the bottom of the front fork. my question is do i have to remove that bottom screw to get the stem...
  9. Z

Single Speed Conversion

I have a 59 Schwinn Speedster that is a single speed, and i wanted to know if there is anyway to convert it to a 3 speed, and if there are any kits out there that are any good.
  10. Z

primer and paint

one of the clears they have on the site with the paint. might try out there pinstripe paint to.
  11. Z

primer and paint

no i am using this stuff called roth rattle bomb paint, basically higher quality spray paint. i was a little weary about the stuff until i saw a demo online and heard the positive reviews of the stuff.
  12. Z

primer and paint

thanks for the help. going to be an expensive paint job, but its worth it.
  13. Z

primer and paint

sounds good, but the type of flake i am using says specially not to use rustoleum, something about the oil in the paint.
  14. Z

primer and paint

going to be painting my 59 Schwinn soon and needed some advice. i am going to sandblast, or use a palm sander to get the rust and original paint off, but after that i need to know what primer to use. i was going to use the sublime green roth rattle bomb paint, and i needed to know if i should...
  15. Z

hi there

Hi I'm Zach, just got my first vintage bike 1959 Schwinn Speedster, and looking forward to ratting it out. other then vintage bikes, i like tiki culture, psychobilly, rockabilly, horror movies, rat rods, and bobbers.
Back