Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Abbynorml

Sturmey Archer X-RDC drum brake hub

The seat clamp was a very clever idea! I don't know how you got that on there with out scratching the forks, nice work.
  2. Abbynorml

Sturmey Archer X-RDC drum brake hub

Where did you get the fork clamp for the front brake arm that fits the wide front forks? The one that came with mine was too small to fit on a fork like yours. And I have another bike I would like to install a front brake with forks like the one in your photo.
  3. Abbynorml

Gyes saddles

Thanks!
  4. Abbynorml

Gyes saddles

Are these seats any good. or a decent quality? they seem to be the same as brooks but I don't really know. they are a bit less than the Brooks saddles Thanks in advance if anybody has any experience with them.
  5. Abbynorml

Does anyone know?

I'm looking for a rat trap springer for it right now so when I get one i'll post a pic.
  6. Abbynorml

Does anyone know?

Thanks I got the frame and the crank fit, now I have to check to see if the forks work..
  7. Abbynorml

Does anyone know?

Can I swap parts from my Schwinn to a Hawthorne frame I'm buying a Hawthorne frame and I want to swap over everything off my 61 Schwinn cantilever frame, will the crank and the fork swap over? Any help is really appreciated!
  8. Abbynorml

Porkchop BMX

I also can say the same thing, I bought something off eBay from them on Wednesday and its here today! How do him do it? :mrgreen:
  9. Abbynorml

Front brake on a rat trap springer

The S A 70mm drum is what I am thinking about but I don't have an idea right now how it would work on a Rat trap forks...
  10. Abbynorml

Front brake on a rat trap springer

I ride a bike path on the beach all the time and cant stop when someone or another bike crosses in my path, I have 2 accidents in 2 weekends and its only getting busier. yesterday someone from another country that drives on the left drove straight into me! no one got hurt too bad but band-aids...
  11. Abbynorml

Electrical Question: How can I power a 6v lamp?

Is that good or bad? :mrgreen:
  12. Abbynorml

Frustrated by Seatpost

I'm a contractor and I use those tools all the time so I have many years of experience using big drills. I just used one with variable speed so I slowly drilled out what ever was causing the post to get jammed. I was mad at my self for not doing it sooner... But you do have a good point if...
  13. Abbynorml

Electrical Question: How can I power a 6v lamp?

I just looked on Sturmey Arher's website looking for a front brake, and they have a front brake with a 6v dynamo that puts out 2.4 watts its a XL-FDD Specs for Sealed Cartridge 2.4W • Voltage - 6V • Output - 2.4W • Hub Shell Material - A356 Aluminum • Bearing Type - Sealed Cartridge • Axle...
  14. Abbynorml

Frustrated by Seatpost

I had the same problem with a chromed cr-mo seat post I bought off eBay. I used sand paper till my hands were sore, then it went in maybe a 1/2" further, then I bought a 13/16 drill bit that was 9" long from a construction supplier and drilled it out. It was a little hairy getting it started but...
  15. Abbynorml

Re-thread question

Does anyone know if the newer Schwinn's with a one piece crank with 9/16 pedals fit or work with a 1961 middle weight frame? Can they be swapped straight across or do I have find other size crank bearings? I really don't have much if any experience removing or taking a crank out of a bike, don't...
  16. Abbynorml

Re-thread question

I have thought about it before, but i thought it was expensive. I have little experience with that and thought the re-tap would be easier and less money and headache in case I bought everything wrong and nothing fit.
  17. Abbynorml

Re-thread question

Hey thanks for the interest in helping me, I called my lbs and they said they have done it before, they give the crank to a machine shop. he said it works fine. so now I'm thinking I can do it by buying the taps of eBay, they are the same price as the adapters and I can do it more than one bike...
  18. Abbynorml

Re-thread question

I was wondering if I can re-tap my 1/2" Schwinn 1 piece crank for 9/16" pedals? Thanks in advance for any input!
  19. Abbynorml

Bike rack sucks

That is the problem I am having. I have seen those but was wondering if they were safe? my bike weighs 40lbs I will post pic later today. I am using a long goose n seat post and thought it might not be that sturdy...
  20. Abbynorml

Bike rack sucks

Okay thanks, I will post some pictures today to show what I asking about.
Back