Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

SOLD HUTCH Trick Star- just need wheels

Thanks! All is well. Still playing and riding bikes (mostly MTB). My last build. (seat is different now). My first MTB was a 1989 Rockhopper Comp and I could not resist when this frame came up for sale.
  2. U

SOLD HUTCH Trick Star- just need wheels

Sorry, I sold this and forgot to mark it SOLD.
  3. U

76 REDLINE SQUAREBACK

Send them to me....we have a very low humidity year around.
  4. U

28 inch tire size question

Sheldon Brown has the answer. https://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_sa-o.html#singletube So you could try the modern tubular or.... There are some tires that were reproduced by Coker that were a tubular tire. They are no longer made and cost a pretty penny...
  5. U

S SEAT

Those seats make great mudflaps. ;);)
  6. U

1980 WORKSMAN KIK SHIFT

Now you have 2 rare Worksmans? Fresh find observations over the years by state. TX- Minty vintage BMX, rare Worksman IA- Cheaper by the trailer KS- Rear steer Colson tandems MA- Spaceliners
  7. U

Klunker 2.0 - RRBO Revisited (Are you really ever done?)

The Billet seatpost guts....was that threadless stem? or something you fabbed? It is awesome.
  8. U

Real or Fake Brooks Saddle

Brooks had some plastic saddles back in the late 70's -early 80's that were used on a variety of bikes.
  9. U

KHS Special Touring- Commuter

The fork is not bent...must be the picture. I filed the brake slot lower plus some other tricks and it didn't work. I will start looking for some Shimano XT cantilevers as they have been known to work. Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  10. U

KHS Special Touring- Commuter

Since the Talisman frame cracked, I am in need of new commuter. I rode the last bike 250+ days/year for the last nine years as my commuter and around town bike. I found this bike down at the local bike coop at an "as is" price. I should be able to sell a few of the parts to cover the cost...
  11. U

Talisman - Cracked frame

The frame/fork was handbuilt by a little known builder in Seattle and has been my daily commuter for 9 years. It probably wont' be worth it after welding and repaint or powder coat when I should be able to find a frame/fork for less than $200.
  12. U

Talisman - Cracked frame

@LukeTheJoker I dont' have the room to sleeve due to tire and chainring clearance. This frame will probably become a wall hanger. Just need to find an old cyclocross or touring frame, so I can transfer my parts.
  13. U

Talisman - Cracked frame

This bike may finally be done. I found cracks on both chainstays, though it still rides fine. Looking for a new frame, then might try having this frame welded.
  14. U

‘84 Mongoose ATB

Nice bike. I have an 85 without the cool bi-plane fork. I need to rebuild the wheels as the spokes are rusted. Where did you find that shiny mylar tape? I need some blue.
  15. U

Front brake suggestions please

A drum brake might be your only option. https://www.amazon.com/Sturmey-Archer-Sturmey-Archer-X-FD-Silver/dp/B001GSQP36/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HFKADAE0WCRB5WY5GGSN
  16. U

79 SCHWINN SPITFIRE 5

You have obviously forgotten about using the Fresh Finds Code. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/just-got-a-new-bike-please-use-following-code.3536/
  17. U

GT Dyno Enduro 4

1996/97 look up GT Dyno Moto 7, similar bike but often brings up the Enduro too. Both @Rat Rod and I had Moto 7's.
  18. U

SCHWINN STRANGER THINGS STING-RAY

Odd chainguard. Not a classic Schwinn guard. Did Mike ride Schwinn in Stranger Things?
  19. U

1955 Schwinn Typhoon Value?

You are correct about 1976. Price depends on location and supply. In Idaho that would we worth $120-200. In Iowa, less than $100.
  20. U

Tequila sunrise (kustom ruff hornet)

That fork is awesome how if flows into the handle bars!
Back