Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

show your bikes with license plates

some of mine
  2. D

Rusted 47 Columbia

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto.
  3. D

My Collection Past And Present

The above photos are great. Especially the Blacksmith shop.
  4. D

Futuristic cruisers for the next generation?

Well, I don't think it as futuristic, but it is a bit nonconforming compared to todays bikes in design and material. It's my 102 inch long, aluminum honeycomb composite bike, I built about 9 years ago. There is no tube frame, the head tube and the bottom bracket have stub tubes that are...
  5. D

Bikes At The Distillery

WOW! What a fun time, the people who own the distillery said we were the most fun group they have hosted. It was a bike show, a cruise (we bike paraded around the inside ), a photo session, and a weight in ( used there platform scale to see who had the heaviest bike), and indulged in some fine...
  6. D

Strange clamp

I think its a tire tube patch clamp.
  7. D

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Our bicycle ride wedding was a blast. My beautiful bride and I rode our Rat Tandem. About 80 of our guests rode their bikes and many wore crazy hats. We just got back from our honeymoon, where did we go? Tour De Fat in Tempe, we rode and party with about 15,000 other bike crazed people. We even...
  8. D

VOTE HERE!!!

Lots of COOL BIKES, good job. Makes me wonder about next years RRBBO number 10. I bet there are a lot of bikes being planned for that, starting now, I know I AM.
  9. D

Random Rodz

Are you sure that isn't just a customized rolly polly.
  10. D

girls rat rod bikes

I guess I haven't put them out here, so here are a couple of them. The Starchief, my first rat bike build back in 2007 for Crazy Mae, many of the items and ideas were hers, glass door knob hand grips, 57 Chevy hood ornaments, a license plate box, the Starchief script on the chain guard, rusty...
  11. D

26" front wheel with 24" back wheel?

24 x 3 in back 26 x 1 3/8 upfront. Its a good look. If the frame is too narrow to fit the rear tire, you can make bolt on rear dropout extensions, as I did back several years ago on my RRBBO4 bike, the Starliner.
  12. D

ID Handlebars

Using the hand grips shown in that pic, the aluminum grips held on with set screws, you can slide them out about 3", to give the bars more reach. Quick and easy.
  13. D

Cool murals

14. D

Chop's House of Speed and Style: Shop Bike

Nice ride. I really like that springer fork. Tell us about it.
  15. D

Forks on backwards

You know its a lot of work to turn that fork around. Wallyworld bike mechanics thinking ....You got to take the wheel off the fork, then take the stem out of the fork tube, then remove the headset nuts so the fork can be taken out of the frames head tube, then put the fork back in the head tube...
  16. D

Show off your bikes with tanks

I guess its a tank. Its where the batteries for the lights are located.
  17. D

Spaceliner Red Line 2 speed rear end

Bendix Automatic. 2 speed kickback. I like them a lot, use them on most of my builds . I take mine to a LBS and he will teardown, clean, grease, and reassemble the hub for about $35, worth it to me, if there is then a problem, take it back and he fixes it. I did one myself, it worked briefly...
  18. D

spaceliner ques???

Yep. Got to make some extended dropouts. I did them for my RRBBO4 bike, the Starliner. I made mine using 3/16 aluminum plate. 2 pieces on each side, with a relief cutout for the factory dropout to be sandwiched between, and epoxied and bolted into place. NO welding or destruction to the...
  19. D

Who here is over 50?

I haven't found a time machine yet....I've heard they DO exist. So I'm still over 50. 61.
  20. D

Master Pinstriper, A Study Of Cool!!!

Kool stuff, the bike and the shop. I got a tee shirt with his work printed on it and its about worn out. I want a panel of his work, I bid for a panel at the Starbird/Devlin car show a couple of years ago, skull and flag design really nice panel, but someone else had more money than me. I will...
Back