Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Thanks J-Mi. I will do the seat in white. My wife was getting on me tonight to get that done. I think I need to find some fabric.
  2. Lybtech

Sweet Fancy Moses (Some bike work and another sidetrack!!!)

Re: Sweet Fancy Moses (Tubing Bender Tangent) Love the fabrication! Where's your plasma cutter? Yooth said it.....Above and Beyond.
  3. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Sure is a far cry from this. I used mostly engine degreaser. And if you want to come over you can ride it after you eat off of it :lol:
  4. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Thanks - That is a sweet shot but pretty unpractical for riding. Great Eye Candy though! My next build will be a 26" step through. No fenders, colored tires, repaint frame but overall very basic. I don't have mad building skills so I have to design what I can actually do which isn't that much.
  5. Lybtech

First Build: Charity Case

I love this ride. Very simple, clean lines. Where did you get the wheels? Doesn't look like you put the chain on in the pic - have you ridden it yet?
  6. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Sweet. I'll let her know that I can go ahead and get rid of it if she doesn't want to ride it. So much for her anniversary present :lol: 24" is pretty small but I think it's going to work. My wife is 5'2". Much taller and I don't think it would be that comfortable.
  7. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

OK. Way too long since I posted. But it wasn't because I was lazy in posting, it's because I've been lazy building. With such a simple build I should have been done ages ago. I STILL have the seat to finish. My goodness. So here's where I'm at, 95% of the way there. The wife had a test drive...
  8. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Back from vacation and ready to get this thing done. 80 degree weather in denver makes me want to ride. Made a little more progress. Rode it around. Not a bad ride. Should be good around the neighborhood for the Mrs. More changes to come I added the fenders but this is the stripped Dow rat...
  9. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Got my parts in. Had to send the light back for a broken wire and switch. Heading to FL w/ the fam so I'll finish it next weekend.
  10. Lybtech

I Think I Found My New "Thing"

I wish I was building a VW thing but I'm just building a Huffy. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=53937
  11. Lybtech

I wish I was building a VW thing but I'm just building a Huffy.
  12. Lybtech

Orange Crush

I'm really liking this bike. But I must know why the cops have your bike? What is flipping the springer? And BTW that is the cleanest welding shop in the history of mankind.
  13. Lybtech

Close to grease and ride, but it's got some new stuff. Pedals, Seat, Found the correct struts that were broken off mine, New Tires, grips, chain, chain ring (mine was bent slightly found used one) and reflector on fender. It's pretty cool to ride around, just have to stay away from hills. It's...
  14. Lybtech

Heres the Hiawatha with a patina restore. I'll get some more photos eventually. Maybe enter in the next phot contest.
  15. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Not moving along with light speed, but I did manage to bob the fenders today. I also added a clearcoat over the frame. I used a 2 part process with some unconventional products. I used Gary Bowen's Super Fish Sealer and then put on the Super Fish Gloss over that. It's an aerosol product. I'll...
  16. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Making a little progress tonight. I stopped by a welding shop and had them make a new rack out of the existing rack bars. Got the chrome out of the Oxalic Acid Bath. Left it in a bit long. I'll need to polish some of the unfinished metal parts with a wire wheel. I'll get the wheels put back...
  17. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

Started my oxalic acid bath tonight on the chrome and some other parts like the seat. Amazing results in a very short time. I'm leaving overnight and possibly all day depending if I get up early to do anything about it. Used one of the small tubs of wood bleach from Ace ($6 or $9). Mixed around...
  18. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

I have seen your topic before. That's a great ride. Mine's going to look a little rattier than that. Don't show my wife your post, she'll probably want your bike! Here's another post on a Huffy build that claims to be 65'. Looks just like mine except mine is missing the tank/light...
  19. Lybtech

Eldorado Rat - AKA Ellie

I'll keep that in mind. They are dark green with sparkles. Pretty cool. I don't have anything planned for them at this time, but let me get done with this build. Maybe we could trade something if I need some parts :D The wheels took some work and I will put use Mother's chrome polish yet...
  20. Lybtech

First Bike-Done-Starting over, WITH TANK

Like the tank. How about Cream with Red accents? Give it that nostalgic look. I think the white may be a bit crisp but I'm sure it will look good no matter what color.
Back