Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. streetrod

Several rats for sale (some prewar) *Memphis area*

Hi y'all, got a few bikes I'm trying to sell to free up some $$. Right now I really don't want to ship them so if you feel like making the drive over I will make you some good deals. I am in the Memphis, TN area. All the bikes have been gone over, bearings cleaned and greased. They are all...
  2. streetrod

Bikes and parts in Memphis, TN area

*** I am in the Memphis, TN area and DON'T want to ship anything so if you're local or coming through feel free to come get it!*** 2 complete bikes, not sure of the first's brand but it's a skip tooth and ready to ride. Second bike is a B.F. Goodrich Schwinn straightbar. Cool bike, has truss...
  3. streetrod

Memphis, TN Local Bike Sale

'51 Schwinn B.F. Goodrich model, wide 3 speed rear wheel, Thick Brick rear tire, original truss forks. Asking $300. I don't want to ship, so if you're in the Memphis area or are willing to drive a bit this is for you. Message me if interested and I'll try to send a pic, not sure how to post pics...
  4. streetrod

Memphis/Mid-South Classic Bike Cruise

It's time for another Memphis classic bike cruise!! We're meeting in the parking lot of the Greenway on Humphreys Blvd. just off Walnut Grove Rd. at 2pm on Sunday June 30th. We plan to cruise down the Greenway over into Germantown and back. Hopefully the weather will be as nice as the last...
  5. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

As a huge fan of classic bicycles, I'm also a big fan of vintage motorcycles. After-all, the first motorcycles were basically bicycles with motors right? Back in the 'good ol days' the most souped-up motorcycles competed in events called hill climbs. Basically they started at the base of a...
  6. streetrod

Callous Colson (1940)

Here's my 1940 Colson I built a little while back. I bought it as a bare frame. I knew from the beginning I was leaving it rusty. Other parts came from a Western Flyer. The wheels are my favorite thing on the bike, they look so weathered and crusty :D I bobbed the rear fender and left the...
  7. streetrod

Hiawatha Headache

I've owned this 1940ish Gambles Hiawatha for a few years and I was having thoughts of selling it and getting something different. But then I found a tank and started getting ideas. 8) I finally decided to completely re-do the bike. One of the first things I wanted to do was get the Shock-Ease...
  8. streetrod

Shock Ease Fork HELP!!

Hi guys, I've got an old shock-ease fork that I'm trying to put on a build of mine. Apparently the previous owner didn't like the way it worked because it's been brazed all around making it a rigid fork. I've been working on it for a few days trying to get it working properly again but I can't...
  9. streetrod

'51 B.F. Goodrich

Here's my entry!
  10. streetrod

Prewar Streamline frame ID?

I just picked this 26" wheel frame up, the seller thinks it's an Iver Johnson but it's only got 2 head badge holes not three like the Ivers had. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks The rear dropouts are fully welded unlike some I've seen that are crimped The head tube is also one of...
  11. streetrod

Classic bike cruise in Memphis, TN.

I'm trying to get together a classic bike cruise the first weekend in October to cruise down the greenline. If you're interested let me know!
  12. streetrod

24" motorbike?

Came across this on Craigslist...appears to be a 24" motorbike. The seller says it's a DP Harris Gold Medal model. It has the metal clad wooden wheels but they don't look like the 28" versions. I was under the impression that the wood wheels only came in 28" but maybe I'm wrong. The seller...
  13. streetrod

B.F. Goodrich Schwinn

I found this locally through Craigslist and the guy told me it's a '46 Schwinn but according to a Schwinn serial number site it's actually a '51. Does anyone know if these were made in Chicago? It has skip tooth drivetrain so I was thinking it'd be older than '51. Any help is appreciated...
  14. streetrod

Memphis Rat

Here's my entry! Hope you like it!
  15. streetrod

Bare Metal Beast

Here's my latest build: started with a 1960 Schwinn Speedster At first I thought I'd just make a rat rod cruiser out of it, but then another idea came to mind...a rat rod mountain bike! I wanted a killer looking mountain bike and that rat rod look too. I welded on some disc brake adapters...
Back