Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. streetrod

Several rats for sale (some prewar) *Memphis area*

Hi y'all, got a few bikes I'm trying to sell to free up some $$. Right now I really don't want to ship them so if you feel like making the drive over I will make you some good deals. I am in the Memphis, TN area. All the bikes have been gone over, bearings cleaned and greased. They are all...
  2. streetrod

GET-A-GRIP Inc #9 NEW DATE November 7, 2020

I'm going! Looking forward to it! I'm also getting a spot to sell several sweet antique bikes and parts!
  3. streetrod

Bikes and parts in Memphis, TN area

Thanks Wildcat! Just saw your location lol, yeah you're a fur piece away haha
  4. streetrod

Forgot to mention that both bikes as well as all the wheels are 26" except one Schwinn 27" road bike wheel.
  5. streetrod

*** I am in the Memphis, TN area and DON'T want to ship anything so if you're local or coming through feel free to come get it!*** 2 complete bikes, not sure of the first's brand but it's a skip tooth and ready to ride. Second bike is a B.F. Goodrich Schwinn straightbar. Cool bike, has truss...
  6. streetrod

Memphis, TN Local Bike Sale

here's a link to the craigslist posting with pics https://memphis.craigslist.org/bik/6084574487.html
  7. streetrod

Memphis, TN Local Bike Sale

'51 Schwinn B.F. Goodrich model, wide 3 speed rear wheel, Thick Brick rear tire, original truss forks. Asking $300. I don't want to ship, so if you're in the Memphis area or are willing to drive a bit this is for you. Message me if interested and I'll try to send a pic, not sure how to post pics...
  8. streetrod

Rusty-Joe Bobber

Oh yeah! Lookin gnarly! ;)
  9. streetrod

Memphis/Mid-South Classic Bike Cruise

Still on for tommorrow! Hope to see some of you rat rodders out there!
  10. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

So I went for a ride the other day and took some pics. Still trying to find a nice big hill to get that classic hill climb shot...
  11. streetrod

Memphis/Mid-South Classic Bike Cruise

It's time for another Memphis classic bike cruise!! We're meeting in the parking lot of the Greenway on Humphreys Blvd. just off Walnut Grove Rd. at 2pm on Sunday June 30th. We plan to cruise down the Greenway over into Germantown and back. Hopefully the weather will be as nice as the last...
  12. streetrod

Milan Brewery Bicycle

I'll be watching this one!
  13. streetrod

Lucky # 7

This is super cool! Very nice stance, and I gotta give you props for building everything yourself! One day I hope to build frames like this!
  14. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

Thank you, glad you like it! I really don't do anything too crazy to get that patina look. For the tank and fender I got some spray paint that closely matched the original patina colors and sprayed one color on top of another(in this case dark brown and kelly green). After they dry I lightly...
  15. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

That's so cool! I'd love to visit the museum some day, maybe even take this bike along too!
  16. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

So the paint can lid gave me the idea of putting a disk on the rear wheel to make it look like the big sprocket that the hillclimbers all have... I made it out of some sheet metal. I've also gotten around to painting the fender but I still have a little more to do to match the patina just...
  17. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

You've got me thinking about the lid bolted onto the back axle... 8)
  18. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

Thanks for all the compliments! I've been going back and forth on whether to add some vintage racing stickers somewhere, maybe on the rear fender. I just don't want the bike to look cluttered... :?
  19. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

Here's an update on the Heavy Hillclimber! I've been busy painting and adding parts and it's almost finished! Since it's got New Departure black-out hubs I added a blacked-out crank. I also put on some old grips but I may change them out. I'm also not sure if I want to leave the...
  20. streetrod

The Heavy Hillclimber

That will be the finishing touch to these forks! I'll probably drill a hole through each leg for the bolt to go through. Pics should be added soon, I'll be working on the bike today!
Back