Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. duncan

Duncan’s Parts Emporium

Schwinn badge: $10 Ladies Packard frame: $30 Ladies Schwinn frame and fork. Bearing cups are missing, and fork’s bent but could be straigtened: $20
  2. duncan

Duncan’s Parts Emporium

Part 1 of trying to thin the parts hoard. New things will be added frequently as I unbury them! Message me if you have any questions or would like more pictures. All prices are OBO, and do NOT include shipping. Schwinn exercise cranks and chainring. $30 3 cranksets: $5 each or $10 for all...
  3. duncan

'39 Schwinn Streamline

I picked up a ladies Elgin that had everything on it spray bombed. I used the stem and bars, as well as stripping and rebuilding the Elgin wheels to eventually go on it. I also swapped the tires, cleaned the guard, and it's starting to look decent. I still need to CLR the whole thing and...
  4. duncan

~ CRITTER ~ 1936 Schwinn Klunker

Beautiful work ! Got any more pictures of the notchback?
  5. duncan

60s Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer

Reluctantly listing my Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer. Im not sure on the year, but I'm guessing mid 60s. Very neat and fairly complete bike with lots of character. The whole bike has been gone through, cleaned and regreased. The chrome on the frame isn't the best and it had been spray painted...
  6. duncan

'39 Schwinn Streamline

Unfortunately not, I'll most likely end up making em if I can't find a decent priced set.
  7. duncan

'39 Schwinn Streamline

Progress is slow, but I cobbled it together so I could take it for a ride around the block. So far, I've rebuilt the hubs on a set of wheels from my old monark, cleaned and transferred the chain and cranks from the ladies bike, and ended up using the exercise bike pedals. I'm undecided on the...
  8. duncan

'39 Schwinn Streamline

I picked up a Schwinn exercise bike, and wanted to use the big chain ring, but unfortunately it won't clear the chainstay. So plan B is to part out a crusty ladies Packard I picked up a couple months ago. Pretty much just going to use the cranks, chain, and fenders.
  9. duncan

'39 Schwinn Streamline

Recently picked up a 1939 Schwinn streamline frame and fork. It's not the prettiest, but has decent patina in my opinion. I don't have much plans for it except clean it and try to use as much parts from my stash pile.
  10. duncan

1987 Diamondback Viper

Sorry about the pictures! Don't really know how I messed that one up, but I fixed 'em. Thanks!
  11. duncan

1987 Diamondback Viper

Found this on Craigslist, and immediately fell in love with it. Pretty much all I know is the previous owner replaced the tires, bars and the grips. I can't really find much info on these bikes, so if anyone knows anything about them, please send me a pm! Thanks!
  12. duncan

Original Skip tooth Schwinn Hornet

Found in the basement of an old general store this weekend, and scored this. I am not sure of the year, but I haven't really had time to completely go over it. Looks to be mostly original and complete, minus the front fender and the custom rack, but it has really nice patina. It is the first...
  13. duncan

Monark Challanger AutoFair Find

I missed that one! Where was it?
  14. duncan

Monark Challanger AutoFair Find

This years Charlotte Auto Fair was a little disappointing as far as bicycles go. There wasn't as much bikes this time as there was in previous years. If you did find a bike, they were either rusted out, beat to death, or a Franken-bike that had no usable parts on it. There was a few really nice...
  15. duncan

EDEN NC CABIN FEVER SHOW & SWAP March 1st

I'll be there for sure!
  16. duncan

Ratty Sears Spyder

I have been working on this bike off and on for the last few weeks, and I figured I might as well document and share it with you guys. Started with half a bike I found on craigslist awhile back: Not sure of the year, but I am guessing '69 ish. I don't really have a plan for the build, I just...
  17. duncan

Rat Roadies

Pretty fun to zip around town on: almost wish I hadn't sold it.
  18. duncan

Vintage Bicycle Show and Swap Charlotte NC, May 18th

Just 2 days away! Come out and enjoy some vintage bikes and vintage Volkswagens!
  19. duncan

Showing your bike will be free, and there will also be awards that my brother is finishing up this weekend.
  20. duncan

Introducing the 2nd Vintage Bicycle Show and Swap. Held in conjunction with the 10th annual Charlotte Transporter Show at Hodges Family Farm, May 18 2013, in Charlotte North Carolina, from 8 am to 2 pm. The Hodges Family Farm is located at 3900 Rocky River Rd, Charlotte NC, 28215. Admission is...
Back