Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

cant remove my front fork.. to rusty!

have a Schwinn panther im trying to restore. cant get the front fork apart way to rust, ive uses vice grips on the top bolt and it wont budge.. and the flathead screw on the bottom of the fork wont budge either any tips?
  2. C

cant remove my front sprocket.. to rusty!

I have a Schwinn panther trying to restore but cant get the parts loose due to rust.. any good methods o remove the sprocket
  3. C

Pitina Panther

Picked up this schwinn panther from and antiques store in town for 20 Bucks! :mrgreen: Heres some of the mock up... Since tthe panther is a tank bike and its my first actual bicycle that holds a tank i REALLY want the tank, some assistance please? 8)
  4. C

sprocket removel troubles...HELP

i have this AMF Hurcules and im trying to make my own rat out of it but i cannot get this sprocket out :oops: the sprockets like no other sprocket ive seen before, just help me figure out how to get this out. PLEASE!! It has this big threaded piece inside of the frame and i took a flathead and...
  5. C

rear forks are bent, Help?

ive got this old huffy frame im trying to make a build with.. the tires will fit even though its bent but who wants that? Help please?
  6. C

stuck pedal AMF

this pedal is making me frustrated, i cvant get the sprocket apart until i get it off and ive used bike wrenches with the grooves ive even taped 2 of them together to make a stronger wrench this thing is on there! HELP :x
  7. C

show me creative details that makes a bike awesome!

post your tiny little details that make your rat rod look sweet! :mrgreen:
  8. C

LED eatery powered from generated?

i bought this Generated powered light on ebay, my first light since i started this bicycle building :D i just want to switch this to and LED... i want a switch on there as well i know i have to buy a battery pack and an LED flashlight that i will take apart and connect to the battery pack ive...
  9. C

metal?

borrowing a welder heedfully Monday. what kind of metal should i use and how do i get it? i usually use conduit but i dont think its strong enough :o i was think on adding a side car on the side of my crappy mongoose.
  10. C

debutante deluxe AMF bicylce 1970's??

at my great grandpas house today picking up some furniture with my grandma and found this in the garage :shock: it looked nice so i had to take it :lol: serial number reads...R140123 front forks are nice but i need to replace the bearings because its really hard to turn them... i enjoy the...
  11. C

Low rider! First build. going good, a little late:P

this is my first build, and im making a lowrider :D the bike started off as my nabors he didnt want anymore it waas this off brand bike called "bling bling" it had no handle bars when i got it the seat was torn apart and parts were all rusted and the back finder was bent out of shape and the...
  12. C

attaching handle bars....dont laugh

im new to the whole bike thing lol and im having trouble attaching my handle bars. The bike was completley striped and i have all pieces.... somwhere :oops: the handle bars have a thing like a long shaft then a long bolt through it that screws through the shaft and into this piece that hold it...
  13. C

Anyone help with reapolstry?

i have some banna seats im restoring with my 2 bikes and im looking for some tips on reapolstring them i found a method for putting foam on the seats and geting it to look nice now i just need to wrap it in some fabric, any fabric thoughts? and any hints on how to get it as smooth and tight as...
  14. C

FIRST AND BEST FIND POSSIBLEY?

here i am driving alon my naborhood and at of no where i see this bike laying by the trash!.... RRRRKKKKK i slammed my foot on my tire to stop i ran over and layed my eyes on a 1960's hercules 3 speed citty bike its not in very bad condition just some rusty spots and i need some new gears and...
  15. C

SISSY BAR PLZ REPLY

im restoring a bike and i wanted to add a taller sissy bar for a back rest and to hold bags. (hence the sissy bar :D) can anyone give some answers to where i could buy some aluminium rods or pipes to make it?(cannot find anny online from store such as lowes, harbor freights, rural king, etc.) I...
Back