Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

70 Lil chic

I bought a 70 according to bendix about a month ago, for 20.00. Garage kept , really only needing a bit of cleaning and new tubes & tires. A couple wks ago I got a re-issue black stingray, . The springer Ive cleaned , stripped frame. It was RUSTY wheels especially Im wondering, it looks...
  2. S

Cruiser, Straight Up, Clean

Looks sweet , plain and simple. Im working on my first as well. A re issue stingray, I bought unseen, still de rusting congrats!
  3. S

Schwinn Heavy Duti..discuss.

they use these and the Workman bikes down here in the plants in Pasadena. I looked at one new, seems like they said the rims& spokes were heavier to take more abuse. id buy it if it wasnt real high
  4. S

Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe

Thats beautiful!
  5. S

Holy Cow!!! Look What I just Snagged!!!!

I was wanting a old style speedometer , never thought of getting one off a stat.
  6. S

Do you have a shop companion?

My bud
  7. S

just finished my commuter bike---wanna see

very cool, love the old toe cages I had them on my first schwinn 10 speed I got from my bro in laws brother for 20.00, he had just bought a motorcycle and didnt want it.
  8. S

Mountain bikin

I ride when I can. I dont ride Memorial {Ho Chi Min} anymore. Hurt myself good out there, after riding it a couple yrs. Not as nimble etc as I once was. So in Hou. area to find fun , not flat trails you need to drive about 1 hour to get to Lake Hou. trails, or 1 1/2 to get to Double Lake...
  9. S

Reverse Steer Schwinn Tiger

wow, never seen amything like that
  10. S

feel and frame geometry, overthinking

hmm I put a nanner seat and fairly high apes on my cruiser that I have had and been riding with big cush seat & stock bars. The banana and the bars made it feel so fun, I liked the feeling of peddling from behing the cranks. But sunday I rode about 3 hours, my back hurt monday , so I rode...
  11. S

feel and frame geometry, overthinking

I wont be surprised if this post gets no traction, its just a few questions Im trying to figure out, and thought you guys would know. I know a Schwinn cruiser "feels" right. Ive ridden one rightnext & switching off with a Workman, and although the Workman felt ok,, the Schwinn felt more...
  12. S

Penny ????? SOLD!!

Re: Penny ????? looks fun
  13. S

suspension sissy bar

this may be the same one better pic though http://www.bicycledesigner.com/suspension_sissybar.html
  14. S

suspension sissy bar

Anybody tried one of these? any brand etc. suggestions? http://toplowrider.com/bikes/product_in ... 51c86e20c9
  15. S

Installing a Banana Seat on a 26" Bike?

I love the crutch idea,, I never would have thought of that. I guess Im going by the resale shop on the way home
  16. S

Stingray 2

Clancy Im afraid your right, live and learn
  17. S

Stingray 2

I didnt think you were, Im just new and didnt want to possibly give out bad info
  18. S

Stingray 2

I may be totally wrong, its just what the Schwinn guy said . But they kinda are collectors as well as shop owners . Bowling / Bay area schwinn
  19. S

Stingray 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... AQ:US:1123 Heres what was on ebay info, I guess I need to find numbers and do a search Steve
  20. S

Who here is over 50?

This whole thread with text and pics, has made my day! Yes Im 50, and its good to see you guys are a similiar breed ,,, that have not given up and rolled over , playing dead before its time. My 15 yr old daughter thinks Im crazy sometime. But my brain has no desire to grow crusty. I see to many...
Back