Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jackdaw

Hello Angels.

My pal the local junk/trash man dropped this by today. Earles fork no less! Once upon a time, there were three very different little girls... who grew up to be three very different women. Can't stop laughing!!!
  2. jackdaw

My 2nd welding project - Tall bike

When I did my flip bike (which I still haven't finished :x :roll: ) I cut away most of the old dropout and welded the new dropout to what was left. It worked pretty well, I mean, you know how my welding is but... it was a fairly easy weld and is wicked strong. With the headset, maybe...
  3. jackdaw

RoadTrack Racer

Looks good. I like your idea for color, I think bronze would be cool.
  4. jackdaw

BicycleMotoRat

I used to repair my own clothes, had my own machine and everything. My wife is so much better and faster at it that she does all that now. I just build bikes and chop wood!! :lol:
  5. jackdaw

BOARD TRACK TRIBUTE 4 speeds

Sweet bike! Is that a moped motor?
  6. jackdaw

BicycleMotoRat

7. jackdaw

gulf themed cruiser - Le Mans - DONE(ish)

Re: gulf themed cruiser Nice job on the paint! I really like the line.
  8. jackdaw

Friends dont let Friends get VEE Rubber Tires

Yeah, 26 x 1 3/8 is not the same as 26 x 1.75. What a pain, right?
  9. jackdaw

Tall Guys

+1, if I'm going to ride more than a couple miles I take a bike that gives me full leg extension. That being said some folks can ride anything forever so... :lol:
  10. jackdaw

not sure about buying cycle truck..opinions??

Yar, I'd buy one for more than that if the frame and fork were sound enough to strip and rebuild. +1 on the flowers :lol: .
  11. jackdaw

replacement burrito build

Awesome!
  12. jackdaw

THE SPEED ZOMBIE TRIKE

That thing is great. Thanks for the details too.
  13. jackdaw

Tall Guys

Yup, I got a piece of 1/2 inch pipe and a threaded 45 degree elbow, from the hardware store. I cut the pipe in two, one piece for the seat and one for the seat tube. I tightened the pipe all together with some JB Weld. The hole in the seat tube was already there so I put the pipe in the seat...
  14. jackdaw

BicycleMotoRat

Thanks. I'm saving the lower part of the cart for bars for another project :D
  15. jackdaw

Tall Guys

Here's another pipe post, being ratty I just bolted it through the seat tube. It rattles back and forth but I only ride it up the hill to get coffee at work. I don't know that it gains me much. If you moved the seat forward, parallel to the ground I don't think I'd lose much leg extension...
  16. jackdaw

BicycleMotoRat

Thanks, and thanks for the sissy bar idea!
  17. jackdaw

Board Tracker, Imitation 1910 HD, TANK INSTALLED!

Re: Board Tracker, Imitation 1910 Harley Davidson That looks great. What gaskill build was it? kuttnhack did an awesome faux motor too. I always dig yr builds.
  18. jackdaw

BicycleMotoRat

Well, my wife finished the cover for the seat. Made it from old pants and an inner tube. I made the base from plywood, with some soft foam and a kneeling pad on top. This is the bottom, she put a lot of work into it, it came out wicked clean. I think the next time we make a seat like this...
  19. jackdaw

Why are so many bike shows/swaps on Sundays?

Likewise Maine, to a lesser extent. There are swap meets, one a year in two different towns, run by the Bicycle Coalition. But they are not shows nor are there any vintage bikes to speak of. An old coaster hub? Yeah right! Some neat pedals or grips, nope. But I could drive five hours down to...
  20. jackdaw

US...

And here I am doing what I do when I'm not doing anything else.
Back