Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cuan

Final Rankings

I concur.
  2. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

Here is the link for my finished build pictures. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rusty-n-crusty.85753/
  3. Cuan

BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII

Nice! I wanna build a motorized bike.
  4. Cuan

Rusty Rebel

Nice job! I'm a big sucker for ape hangers.
  5. Cuan

Sin Nombre

Awesome build and it's nice that you were able to get your pictures uploaded. I was sweating bullets tonight trying to down-select my photos and get them uploaded before the deadline.
  6. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty

I had a couple of vacations get in the way during July, and I did some slacking. I didn't get the chainguard and seat finished until yesterday.
  7. Cuan

ENIGMA

NICE!!! That's where I went to take photos for my entry in the #7 build-off, however I don't think that I had to drive as far. I left at about 4 am to get there for the sunrise and I was back home by about noon. Nice build.
  8. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty

I'm not sure. We pulled up at about 6:00 am and they were building the fire. We got a few photos, but they didn't turn out they way I wanted. While we shot pictures, we were able to watch them get everything prepared. We stopped by again before we left and it was heating up and all of the...
  9. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty

Thanks, I was able to get my other photos uploaded. Thanks, that panoramic picture was taken with a camera phone. I uploaded a few more photos from that dirty alley.
  10. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty

I really enjoyed the build this year. I was able to accomplish several ideas that I've had in my head for a while. I hope that you enjoy the pictures. Click below to view my build link. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rusty-n-crusty-done.83307/
  11. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday, and the frame kinda blends with the wood floor.
  12. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I'm calling it done. I clear coated the chain guard, fabricated a mount, and I installed it today. I finished the cover for my seat this morning. I packed the bottom bracket with grease, installed the fenders, mounted the tires, installed the wheels, made all of my final adjustments and I'm...
  13. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I started my chain guard when I started the bike, but I finally made some good progress on my chain guard yesterday. We'll have to see if I still like it when I get done. I'm running out of time so it will somewhat limit my options. Anyways, I purchased some expanded metal from the local...
  14. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I've been working on my chain guard, I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.
  15. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

Well, since it's the last minute I guess that I should get back on my project. I had a few family vacations and other crap sidetrack me. Last week, my wife and I visited the ghost town of Bodie, CA. I would say that I found my project for next year, however, it's missing one leg on the rear...
  16. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I also really need to clean my bike room, there's too much bike clutter in the background of my pictures.
  17. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I'm moving on with the wheels for now. Earlier, I painted my front wheel orange because I thought that would look good on the bike. After I finished rusting and clear coating the frame, I didn't like the orange wheel anymore. I'm not happy with the original bare aluminum wheel color either...
  18. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

Thanks for the suggestion. My results end up either being rusted or not, I haven't been able to get a different shade or tone of rust. I also clear coated the frame, so I'd have to strip everything off to do it again.
  19. Cuan

DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Looks great, nice work. I dig the beard, it almost makes me miss mine.
  20. Cuan

rusty-n-crusty (DONE!!!)

I'm really struggling with colors now. Bare metal looks cool. I really like the deep rich color of the rust with the clear coat. I'm not liking the color combination of the bare metal and rust. I prepared an extra piece of tubing to test colors, but I'm just not feeling it. Any suggestions?
Back