Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Hammered Fenders & 26" Balloon Tires...Possible?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing something with hammered fenders (VOs probably) on a vintage ballooner 26x2.125 tires and wheels. But I'm not seeing much out there that would fit on the VO webpage. Most are 650s and narrow, nothing hammered in the 26" size...
  2. B

38 Hawthorne 5 Bar

PM Sent.
  3. B

38 Hawthorne 5 Bar

Sweet bike, do you know anything more about it? Seems rare, can you say? What about value in various conditions? Thanks!
  4. B

Cool things to do with a Girls Bike?

Very cool guys!!
  5. B

A Request for the site

Basically a gallery. Cool
  6. B

Is this frame ready to prime?

I was gonna ask the same thing! Details please.
  7. B

Is this frame ready to prime?

Guys, I spent some time today sanding my bead-blasted frame and got it looking pretty bare. There are still some dots of light oxidization and a few nooks and crannies needing attention. But I think I may be ready to prime. For those that are experienced in painting and such...is this frame...
  8. B

Can I prime and paint over light oxidization?

I'm prepping my Prewar Elgin for paint. Just finishing up bead-blasting and sanding. Though there is still some light surface oxidization and such...no rust. More like "color" or "orange hue" than oxidization really. Is this okay to prime over and do a professional paint job? Or does the...
  9. B

Need Some Sandblasting Advice...Help

Okay, here's the gun. Seemed to get good writeups on Amazon. I can't seem to locate anywhere that I could adjust media flow on it though. The small allen nut near the nozzle is for removing the nozzle...right?
  10. B

Hmmmm. I'll post a pic of the gun tomorrow. There doesn't appear to have a media control valve. It was a relatively cheap gun. I hope that's not it, but maybe. I went thru 3 jars and basically no material was removed.
  11. B

It's a 150 psi, 20 Gallon 1.5 hp! What I would call a decent "shop compressor." It is rated for 4-5 CFM at 50 psi. Though today I was never close to pushing the CFM as I was always stopping to re-fill media. The compressor was keeping up just fine, even at 100 psi.
  12. B

Maybe you're right. I was 1-2 inches away and barely anything was happening. Maybe that old paint is tough.
  13. B

I just got my makeshift booth set up and picked up two bags of medium glass bead. Running it through the gun at about 90 psi with limited to no results on old fenders, wheels, etc. Emptied 2 or three jars (my gun has a feed can attached, about a quart size). It seems like the bead is coming...
  14. B

How do your display your bikes?

In the garage, noses out (usually), ready to ride.
  15. B

Only $300.00

Guess I could get $600 for my prewar seat, its in twice as good condition!
  16. B

First cruise of the season

Very cool! More Please!
  17. B

Dude rides like a lady

I ride the wife's '58 Hornet occasionally, but not for long distances. Mainly just to check it's 'action' and make adjustments. Its a sweet ride though.
  18. B

Better with whitewalls?

Yes to whitewalls!!
  19. B

New life to and old bike.

Easy. A '37 or '38 CWC Roadmaster Supreme, I'd fix it up slowly and correctly so it was like the day it came off the line!
  20. B

Getting weird CL vibes on my bike

Road, Definitely a scam as you know. Thanks for posting to help educate the forum as this sort of thing seems to happen all too much.
Back