Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Jackz

Jackz is finished. It is based on Jack from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. I am glad it snowed before the end off the buildoff. I had a lot of fun building this bike. I learned a lot in the last while taking apart the bike and rebuilding it. It was quite rough before. I like the way it...
  2. D

Jackz

Yes that is in Birds Hill Park. I live right next door to the park. Great place to live. The park is empty on cold days like today around -15 when I was there. Cold wind too. It is forcasted to be cold for a few days. Still almost no snow.
  3. D

Jackz

I was out today to take my final pictures of the bike. When I put the bike back in the van and closed the back door I heard some strange noises behind me. When I turned to look I was surprised to see about 25 Wild Turkeys running to me looking for food. They were pecking my shoes and pants. By...
  4. D

Jackz

I put the bike together last night and today. Here is the finished bike. I will take my finished pictures and post them later this week.
  5. D

Jackz

I have been working on the bike and now have some pics of the wheels and Jackz panel. The wheels are the ones in a previous post that were silver and now are black. It was easier than building the original rims into wheels. The original rims were a little too rough. Here is the wheels. This...
  6. D

Jackz

The tires came from Nashbar. As for the fork and head tube I have not put the whole thing together. I will try now and see. The head tube is not the same as most older balloon tire bikes. The headset is like an old British bike style. I can also shim it up if needed. I will send a closer pic of...
  7. D

Jackz

Here is what it looks like now. I used another set of wheels but mine will be black, the wheels have to be built yet. I put these bars on it but they may not be used. The flat tank area will be painted with Jack. I have yet to do the artwork. The frame has to be clearcoated. The crank will be...
  8. D

Jackz

I have my tires and fork now. The paint is coming along nice now. Pics of the painted frame up tomorrow. Also the seat frame is almost done.
  9. D

Jackz

My intro is on the first page of the intros. Why is everyone so keen on the intro. I very seldom look at the intro page. Is this a macho male thing.
  10. D

Jackz

I painted the rims and they look ok. 1 rim was a lot smoother than the other. 1 has some chrome that would not come off. A couple coats of primer and a top coat of black(the only color for Nightmare Before Christmas "Jackz"). If I had the time and the experience to do a pinstripe suit type job...
  11. D

Jackz

I cut the spokes on the original wheels. Here is the rims. They are in need of a lot of help. Chrome is peeling on most of the rims. I spent many hours and they still look like junk. Maybe new rims would be better. Well back to work.
  12. D

Jackz

I did some work on the frame and had it stripped of most of the paint and rust. Here it is mocked up with a fork my dad bought for another project. I hope I can keep it. I may use these wheels if they clean up good. I found the crank in the parts bin. Should be painted this weekend.
  13. D

Jackz

The forks are also badly bent. They cannot be used.
  14. D

Jackz

The bike is now down to the frame and fork. The fork is toast. Looks like it had some water in it and froze. Now to get another fork. The frame is lugged and has some weird cups for the headtube. They are part of the frame. Maybe British made.Should be able to strip it this weekend.
  15. D

Newbie Chick From Manitoba

I am new to this site. I have been around my dads old bikes as far as I can remember. My dad asked if I wanted to build a bike for the buildoff I said I would. I am building a bike called "Jackz". I am going to try and do the work myself but I will need his advice. This is a cool site.
  16. D

Jackz

I am new to this board. I have been around bikes (my dads) for many years. My dad has a bike he is building for this buildoff (Massey Boardtracker)and asked me if I wanted to build one. I said I would. He gave me a bike and with some advice from him I will try and build it myself. It will be...
Back