Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

Pot metal repair

I agree with PC-7 or JB Weld. Most people don't know but you CAN weld pot-metal. It's a high zinc content. I can't do it, but I know a guy that can. He's welded some things for me including a very rare pot-metal grill for my old car. You just gotta find the right guy.
  2. E

Lame mountain bike find...but interesting story

That's a total Rat Rod! :)
  3. E

Lets See Those CCM's

Okay, here is my '69 28" then my '59 28" and last but not least my old CCM tire wrenches that I've had my entire life.
  4. E

'59 CCM 28" wheel build

I really don't like the look of these white fenders. What should I do? Paint them gold to match the "scallops" or just remove them? Maybe paint them red?
  5. E

'59 CCM 28" wheel build

Ah yes, I see my avatar or profile isn't showing that....gotta change that!
  6. E

'59 CCM 28" wheel build

lol I love CCM's! Show me a Canadian that doesn't? We grew up on them....EVERYONE had a CCM.
  7. E

'59 CCM 28" wheel build

Since I've decided to leave my 1969 CCM alone, I'll be customizing my 1959 CCM 28" wheel instead. It has a very high gear in it and is very hard to pedal, probably why it survived so nice. I plan to keep the original paint but want to make it a nice daily cruiser. My plans are slightly...
  8. E

Lets See Those CCM's

That's a sweet looking bike now!
  9. E

HOW TO REMOVE A STUCK SEAT POST

Cool! I'm having this same problem!!
  10. E

1969 CCM 28" wheel

Ya, you were 100% right....it's like a racer....my son loves it! So do I actually. We'll just put some new tires and find an old leather seat and leave it as is....dusty, dirty, oily and scratched up...it's perfect!
  11. E

1969 CCM 28" wheel

This evening my 9 year old son and I stripped off the fenders and child seat, flipped the bars, changed the seat and PRESTO, a really cool bike! Even he can ride it! Just need a cool old leather saddle and new tires and it'll be perfect just like that. I'm not doing anything else to it...just...
  12. E

1969 CCM 28" wheel

This playing with the photo and drawing on it is really working for me! I was going to do this bike up as my keeper project however I might just do this to it instead and use another bike I have as my keeper project, a '59 CCM that is pretty sweet all original but no fun that way.
  13. E

1969 CCM 28" wheel

Here we go. I like the look without the fenders, not sure about the handlebars....I like the look but I don't find it comfortable to ride.
  14. E

1969 CCM 28" wheel

Ya, that would give it a cool racer style, which is what I like but I really like upright position and taller bars actually. I'm open to suggestion!
  15. E

1969 CCM 28" wheel

I kinda came up with this idea....I'm not much of an artist but I try. Lose the kids seat (Duhhh!), shorten the fenders, new leather spring seat, side skirts (or gas tank type thing...maybe even welded in panels there).
  16. E

Evolution of an S10

I love the look of those white walls on there! Very well done!
  17. E

Show us them cars!

Thanks. Good idea to lower it a bit with smaller tires.
  18. E

Show us them cars!

Well ya! The roof hooks are already gone.....been getting it mechanically sound before doing the body....had to put in a new motor and all new fuel system and electrical, it's a labour of love! Paint will be a Tiki Wiki theme like this.....
  19. E

Show us them cars!

My 1965 Dodge A100 van (Scooby Doo van). Had it since 2008.
  20. E

Show us them cars!

1965 Barracuda Formula S, had it since 1999.
Back