Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

Vintage Columbia

Found this Columbia Ladies on CList today. :D I'm guessing 1925 as the serial number begins with C,unfortunately the headbadge is missing. :( Allstate tires Its missing a pedal and the grips but I do have the dropstand. I believe the frame has been repainted although the decal on the...
  2. N

Lets see your Columbia's!

Here's my 1948 Columbia, belonged to my Dad.
  3. N

Tour de Fat Durham, NC June 23rd

Hey I resemble that guy at :29 seconds in the video :D This was my first Tour de Fat, hopefully not my last. Here are a few pics. These were bikes that travel with the event.
  4. N

Tour de Fat Durham, NC June 23rd

I'm going since I live in Durham! :D That is if nothing else goes bump. This has been a rough week with my Mom in the hospital, hopefully she goes home in a few days :)
  5. N

1937 Hawthorne

Thanks for explaining I see the difference now. This bike ID stuff is hard business!
  6. N

1937 Hawthorne

Thanks for the info. What are the differences in the CWC and Snyder built bikes?
  7. N

1937 Hawthorne

I found this image of a 1937 Spring/Summer MW catalog and it seems to more closely represent this bike, i.e the braced handlebars, the attachment point and adjustment of the rack to the seat stays and the dropstand is "U" shaped, doesn't have the extra braces shown on the 1938 catalog image. Of...
  8. N

1937 Hawthorne

My guess is it's something the original owner fashioned to keep the seat from tipping back. Those springs are really "springy". The Buick in the background is a 54 I think, a sedan, not hearse or anything like that
  9. N

1948 Columbia almost done

I'm riding it but I still want to do a few more things to her. :D Here's the link to where I started last year. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=44520 I went with a repop rear fender, the old one was pretty thrashed, but I did fashion some old flat braces to match the front. Yard sale rack from a 70's...
  10. N

1937 Hawthorne

My dad picked up this 1937 Hawthorne from the original owner. :D The story is the original owner bought the bike from the local Montgomery Ward with money he earned by collecting and selling leftover scrap tobacco after the premium tobacco had been graded and bought by the buyers. The...
  11. N

North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! (map added 10/8/12)

Re: North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! One more for the Bull City...Durham. I'm currently working on my 1st build, a 1948 Columbia. Scot
  12. N

Some parts from my first swap meet

That was my first bike swap meet too. Nice stuff there. What is the date of the Mt Airy meet?
  13. N

Date my bike

Thanks for the info and detailed assessment of my bike. I'll start my build and keep you posted.
  14. N

Date my bike

Some more pics Chainguard Front fender and Rear fender Seat Frame pics The crank is a dog leg style. The rear hub is a New Departure with a skiptooth cog. So my real question is: Is this really a 1948 year model ? Thanks for any help.
  15. N

Date my bike

Hi, new to the forum here. My wife bought a new beach cruiser and I decided I wanted one too. I discovered this site during my research and immediately knew what I had to do. Back in the late 70's my father and I were restoring old cars and farm equipment as a hobby. He had a bike that he...
Back