Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. josh_from_ga

Tallbike

I'm downsizing my bike pile, and these two are getting the axe. There's a 24" Schwinn Phantom that was repainted by the former owner. It wasn't a great job but it's still worth it in parts. SOLD! 26"x20" tallbike. This thing's fun to ride, you ride at your own risk. About 4 feet high at the...
  2. josh_from_ga

Custom Chainmail Tassels: DELUXE Version Now Available

Hey everyone, I recently made a set of chainmail grips for my wife's bike and posted pics on the RRB Facebook page.They generated quite a buzz, and a few people messaged me about buying a pair. The cost of materials is a bit high, so I cant make them unless I get at least 5 sets requested...
  3. josh_from_ga

10 bikes: Schwinn Typhoon, Flying Star skiptooth, and others

I Bought a pile of bikes today. A trike for the wife. Schwinn Typhoon. Flying Star. Can anyone tell me who made this? Sears Roebuck, pre-ratted out. 20" Raleigh Mountie. I like the grips. Also, some junk women's bikes, not worth solo pics.
  4. josh_from_ga

Pumpkin King returns!

While waiting for my Leg Day frame to get back from the welder, I got to thinking about the Cycle Truck build. After spending a few days tweaking most of the bends out of the frame and fork, I have the Pumpkin King rolling. I'll throw the crankset and chain on in the morning. And I'll probably...
  5. josh_from_ga

A few more smalls

Hey everyone, here's a few more things I changed my mind about keeping. A 41 Schwinn Cycle Truck fork. Paint's rough, but the fork is in good shape. Sold NOS Bendix 19 cog set, contains 19t cog, axle nuts and washers, and brake arm strap with nut and bolt. SOLD NOS Wald flashlight holder. SOLD...
  6. josh_from_ga

Megawheel.

Introducing the Megawheel. This is gonna be a long slow build, I'm just gonna plug away until I'm satisfied. It'll be a tallbike with a big wood wheel.
  7. josh_from_ga

Unknown skiptooth, truss fork mens.

Hey everyone, I picked this up a few days ago and have no idea who made it. The wheels are wrong, I do know that. Any help IDing it will be greatly appreciated. The serial number is under the bottom bracket, there's a 9 in the middle and along one edge is 552154,hand stamped
  8. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

Hey everyone, this has been on the back burner for a while now, but I finally figured out a way to move forward with Leg Day. I didn't make the deadline for the buildoff, so it's a regular build now. What I started with: Then I cut some aluminum diamond plate for: At this point I was stuck. I...
  9. josh_from_ga

(MBBO#05 Class 2) Pumpkin King

Hey, everyone. After quite a bit of procrastination I've decided to go ahead with an idea I've been kicking around in my head for a while now. No cutting or welding required (most likely) so I should complete this one. Combining 3 of my favorite things: old bikes, The Nightmare Before Christmas...
  10. josh_from_ga

SOLD B.F. Goodrich skiptooth parts added 11/24.

As promised, I'm starting the parts thread. First up is a choice of NOS Schwinn approved Cyclometers. I have several each of 20",24", and 26" Cyclometers; I also have several each 26" and 27" ones with reset. There's more than what's pictured. Asking $10 each shipped. Stay tuned, there's a lot...
  11. josh_from_ga

SOLD Collection Sellout; More added 9/14

ATTENTION! I WON'T BE SHIPPING FULL BIKES ANYMORE! I don't have time or energy for it, and won't for quite a while. Instead, I'll be dropping the prices way down so it will be affordable to come pick up.
  12. josh_from_ga

Collection buyout Sept. 04

Over the weekend I bought a garage full of bikes, frames and parts. A lot of it is kinda rough, but overall I think I did ok. Lots of Schwinns and NOS Schwinn parts. It will take a bit to get it all sorted, but soon it should start popping up in the For Sale section. By the way, does anyone...
  13. josh_from_ga

SOLD 1935 Schwinn Ace

I bought this Schwinn Ace last week, I'm hoping to get it sold before I go back to Georgia. Serial Number I7001. It's in pretty good shape, mightve been repainted though. As far as I can tell, the only issues with it is a small hole in the rear fender and the wheels are probably the wrong ones...
  14. josh_from_ga

Late 40s Huffman?

So I picked up this bike a few weeks ago with my dad-in -law. After talking to a few people and looking at pic archives on nostalgic.net I'm thinking this is a 40s Huffman. However, I don't know a lot about them, so I was hoping one of the nice knowledgeable folk on here could help me narrow...
  15. josh_from_ga

Cycle Truck part-out.

I'm parting out a pair of Schwinn Cycle Trucks. 1961 and 1949. The '61 fenders and dropstand are already sold. Still up for grabs on this one are the seat ($40), wheelset($150), stem($20), handlebar with grips($20), and basket with the brackets($65) This one I'm willing to sell as a whole or...
  16. josh_from_ga

Leg Day

I finally decided to take the plunge and enter this year's Build Off. Nothing extravagant, but if I pull this off Leg Day should turn a few heads in my one-stoplight county. My plan is to take a Worksman INB frame(thanks again @ind-chuckz )and weld in a new bottom bracket far enough forward that...
  17. josh_from_ga

National Cycle Manufacturing Co. headbadge

A friend gave me this headbadge, and I want to flatten it out and make it into a pin for my jacket. Before I do it I wanna make sure it's not valuable. All I could find out about the company is that they're an early company. Is the headbadge good enough that I should leave it as is?
  18. josh_from_ga

Question about Bendix blue band hubs.

I was wondering if the guts from Bendix blue band hub can be put in the shell of a red or yellow band. I think a 36H hub with an overdrive gear would be great.
  19. josh_from_ga

auction finds

been setting up an auction with my father-in-law to-be, and scored these 4 bikes, a Schwinn typhoon, western flyer, royce union muscle bike, and a 10 speed Setuki. pics of all but the royce union are below. the pic i took of the royce union wouldn't upload, i'll try again later. hoping i can...
  20. josh_from_ga

razor rebellion chopper

finally got my girlfriends dad to sell me his electric mini chopper. $20 and i should get my moneys worth in parts for my other builds. finally gonna get disc brakes on something, and the front forks will hold a 24" or 26" easy. the hard part will be deciding what to put them on...
Back