Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. josh_from_ga

Schwummit strandie

That thing is beautiful!!
  2. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

No fenders in the plan, but I'm on the lookout for a cool chainguard. If nothing catches my eye I have the Wald to go back on it. I'm all about comfort, My goal with this bike is comfy to ride, but still good-looking. The whitewalls gotta go; black slicks will look better to me.
  3. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

Hmm, I took the wheel off, looked at it, and put it back on. Works fine now. I think maybe the chain was too tight. I'm thinking with the wider rims, Leg Day has kind of a motobike look. What style of seat would look best? I like longsprings, but I'm working with a tight budget. Any suggestions...
  4. josh_from_ga

I introduce to you Dave Of The Dead

That tank is sooo cool!!
  5. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

The more I look at it, the better the copper looks to me. I'm going to keep them until I can get a set of black 3Gs. On my way home today I was picturing in my head a bike frame almost entirely composed of forks, except for BB and head tube. It would be ridiculous! But in a cool way I think.
  6. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

At first I was planning to match the blue, but now I'm leaning towards gloss black. Thanks. It's not bad, I put a 22 or 23t cog on the hub, I usually ride in gear 3 or 4, I got used to a high gear when I was riding my old singlespeed it was a 16/52. Unfortunately I did something while putting...
  7. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

Sooo... I have no patience. Instead of being sensible and waiting until I have the new rims repainted, I went ahead and laced them up to the Nexus 7speed already on the bike. After I get back from my upcoming road trip I'll get it done proper.
  8. josh_from_ga

Schwummit strandie

Man, that's a cool-looking 4-bolt stem!
  9. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

I ended up selling the Evans as a complete bike a while ago. I don't have a problem with parting out a rough bike, but I like to see them go intact when I can. It's not as flashy, but I have a NOS Wald chainguard I can put on it.
  10. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

I took your advice and swapped out for a larger cog, probably a couple days after you made the suggestion. It's great, I ride it to the convenience store or work now and then.
  11. josh_from_ga

Leg Day, resurrected

Long time, no update. This has been at a standstill, though rode quite often, for a long time, but I finally got the next parts for Leg Day. Thanks to @kingfish254 I just picked up a set of 3G rims. They're the wrong color, but that can be fixed. They'll be laced to the hubs already in use, I...
  12. josh_from_ga

Truckin'

I have a Cycle Truck with orangewalls, it took a while to find a set of tires that were close enough in color and tread pattern to work.
  13. josh_from_ga

Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

With a little bit of spraypaint the cupholder will be presentable.
  14. josh_from_ga

The Seymour Strider

I know I'm late to the party, but maybe you could borrow a kid for test fitting.
  15. josh_from_ga

MBBO 2017 Class 1 VOTING!

Not many bikes this time, but they're all beauties!
  16. josh_from_ga

Rat-Fink Santa

Very nice bike!
  17. josh_from_ga

A few more smalls

Pile of Schwinn Cyclometers. These are display only, the plastic teeth have oxidized and are very brittle. There's 15 of them selling as a lot. $25 shipped Bendix hub parts. These are for 2speeds,but I dont know which one. $20 shipped for the pair.
  18. josh_from_ga

A few more smalls

1961 Schwinn Cycle Truck tank plate. I stipped and wire-wheeled it for my Halloween themed build, but decided not to use it. SOLD
  19. josh_from_ga

A few more smalls

100 gold 7 5/8" spokes. 14g. $20 shipped. Some slight variance in color. Mud flap reflectors. 1 3/4" across. Sold
  20. josh_from_ga

A few more smalls

Bendix cogs clockwise from top:14t, 18t, pair of 19t,and 22t. SOLD 51 red 7 5/8" spokes. 14g. $12 shipped
Back