Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mike94yj

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Re: "For Ape Hangers Only" Club work in progress
  2. mike94yj

JC Higgins front fender mounting

Tried to take a pic , not much to see but a 3/4 inch hole in the bottom of the fork. I think I can install some kind of expansion not if that is what it needed.
  3. mike94yj

JC Higgins front fender mounting

I am trying to mount the front fender on a late 40's higgins. Should there be some type of fastener in the fork to mount the fender to? This bike was disassembled 30 years ago and I don't know if I am missing something. Thanks
  4. mike94yj

Fat Frank vs Maxxis Hookworm (tires)

I Think we call em sandspurs.
  5. mike94yj

Caloi MTB

Purple was cool in the 90's. Along with the rasta salsa QR's.
  6. mike94yj

Need help identifying the bicycle's from Today haul

post war (late 40's) Maruishi, with the mechanical brakes and such.
  7. mike94yj

Need help identifying the bicycle's from Today haul

Re: Need help identifying this bicycle's from Today haul That last one looks like the bike they restored on American Restoration.
  8. mike94yj

black bikes?

9. mike94yj

Seat Post

5/8" , will solid stock work?
  10. mike94yj

Seat Post

I am working on my mothers 49 JC Higgins. What are my options for a seat post? I want a modern seat so she can ride in more comfort, any suggestions?
  11. mike94yj

attaching handle bars....dont laugh

There should be a wedge shaped piece that attaches to the bottom of the stem. This is what allows the stem to tighten in the headtube. Make sure that is attached before you install it.
  12. mike94yj

Chubbies Springer fork

Thanks, I was adding the $15 shipping.
  13. mike94yj

Chubbies Springer fork

What can anyone tell me about these? Schwinn style, $50 Chrome.
  14. mike94yj

Best way to mash tube end to make dropout?

I think a little heat and a large vice would give you the most control. A hammer might be hard to get both sides the same.
  15. mike94yj

dumpster Fixie, new handlebars and saddle :o

Re: dumpster project, help me deciding what to do to it... You can replace 1 spoke. Often the nipple breaks, not the spoke. There are several guides on how to true the wheels. It was a lot easier than I thought. The idea of relacing a wheel still scares me.
  16. mike94yj

Savannah, Georgia

Savannah is great! A great American treasure.
  17. mike94yj

Caloi MTB

92 Caloi, XTR/XT built back in 92. Still have it, found a deal on some S-Works wheels back in the day and pieced it together. Still has the salsa QR's.
  18. mike94yj

Another Fla newbie

Orange Park/Jax
  19. mike94yj

black bikes?

Back