Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Charles

1950's Schulz?

Bike appears to be all original. Torrington bars, coke bottle grips, skiplink chain and factory paint. The back fender and drop stand is missing but somehow the rear reflector is still in place. I have a feeling this bike is noteworthy if not alltogether infamous. :mrgreen:
  2. Charles

Wards Open Road Monoshock

It's pretty much a mess but I've been working on it... Stripped down... Finding new parts...
  3. Charles

ALL MIXED UP

4. Charles

BOARD TRACKER RACING "FINISHED WHIPS"

Post here with ur complete tracker/bobber
  5. Charles

Triple Tree Forks

This looks like a pretty solid fork. Anyone used this? http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_inf ... cts_id/225 I think it would fit well on my current Elgin build? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46855
  6. Charles

BIKEMAS TREE

7. Charles

MOM'S SUPER CHIEF

Got a project. White's Auto "White Super Chief" The cycle is a friends mothers so it's a "one owner" kind of thing. I hope it will turn out well. Here it is after fighting to come apart.
  8. Charles

Christmas window

Taking a view of mattJP's submission of "Snow Sled Elgin" and using the theme for my Christmas decorations here in Texas. A 20" J.C.Higgins along with an Elgin curved tube will grace my window this year. And u must have the sleigh! Flexible Flyer III We won't have much snow down here so I used...
  9. Charles

"Hit By A Truck" Firestone Pilot

Making art cycle or rather a conversation bike out of: 1 Firestone Pilot Stepthru 1 Chrome Higgins Flightliner Fork & Chrome 26in Wheel 1 Chrome Schwinn 20in Exercise Bike Wheel w/ Fixed Cog 1 Chrome Schwinn Crank & Chrome Chainwheel 1 Chrome Ape Hangers
  10. Charles

"Slip Tooth Turkey"

The finished bird: J.C.Higgins skip tooth chainwheel Borked patina crank Brake pads & seat post clamp Diamond Line links
  11. Charles

BOARD TRACKER RACING "parts bikes vs. customs"

Board track cycle builds will always be a winner! Lets have the custom builders vs. the parts bike builders with a deadline of Christmas. That's a six week build. My entry is on the parts bike side. A 1941 CWC frame is what I will build up. "Board To Tears 2" is the tag on my cycle... here...
  12. Charles

"BOARD TO TEARS 2"

Looks like everyone has a board track build going on at one point in their cycling sojourn but me. The time is now for me to throw my vision to the track. This will a cool build for me because the original track bike I had got repossessed by the owner. I had been storing it for a friend...
  13. Charles

Western Flyer Headlight

Got this light with a three position switch that has lost one of the battery contact points to rust. Can this be fixed easily? The bulbs look good and all the wiring is in tact and in place. Just the one spot.
  14. Charles

Wild Wild Western

Early 50's Western Flyer with a "bow legged" springer... this one gets done the cowboy way. Everything disassembled I began the cleanup & rebuild. Just going to wire brush the chrome leaving rust on the painted parts. Howdy Springer!
  15. Charles

Early Balloon

Have this balloon tire diamond frame cycle with no head badge. Drilled left and right for a badge so it's just missing. Serial number U9708 under bottom bracket. Here is a shot the day I got her.
  16. Charles

Indiana Jones

out of the tomb tomb raider
  17. Charles

sHAKING tHE cAGE

jUST a mIX oF aBOUT fOUR oR fIVE bIKES: tHE tRICK wAS tOO gET a fRAME tHAT cOULD hANDLE tHE fORK , a fAT bACK tIRE & tHE sPROCKET sHAKING tHE cAGE oF wHAT i nORMALLY dO.
  18. Charles

RATTLE RAT "I BUILT A HOOPTIE"

I though it would be a cool idea to build a tribute cycle to Rat Rod Bikes... one that looks like the forum. I picked out the most high end Elgin I could find that had a red rattle can paint job. What I did was just teardown, clean & rebuild. Waxing all the painted parts. The wheels make the...
  19. Charles

FLYING CLOUD

27 INCH wheels. Sorry 28 inch! Tires had turned to cement & the seat pan had rusted in half at the front. Otherwise complete. The fork looks a bit darker darker than the rest of the cycle, still matches the wear so I think it's original. Have not had time to look this bike up yet... I...
  20. Charles

Cowtown

Stayed over four hours Left with seventeen cycles 28's 26's The ladies Frames BMX One Schwinn The day was fantastic Our host was smiling The participants were friendly and the cycles... ...unbelievable :P
Back