Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Schwinn Straight bar tank question

Anyone on here know if a schwinn straight bar tank will fit on a schwinn tornado which has a double straight bar? Or did a specific tank exist? Thanks in advance
  2. M

prewar zephyr

can anyone tell me any info on this bike. I haven't heard of a zephyr before. what's missing on it? does anyone have any pictures of a zephyr that they've restored? can someone put a ballpark value on this bike? Thanks.
  3. M

Prewar Colson

I'm really digging the colson frames and I found this one but the price seems a little high to me. It's has a snap tank. I don't know if all the parts are original to the bike. I just want to make sure before I shell out that kind of money.
  4. M

Ladies Roadmaster Delux what's a good offer?

I found this roadmaster delux for sale but I'm not sure what's a good number to offer. maybe it's one of your guys. sorry about the bad picture. I'll try to get more.
  5. M

Tractor fog light battery questions?

I have this tractor fog light that I want to use on my bike but I'm having trouble converting it to battery operated. I'm pretty sure it's a 12volt sealed bulb. when I hooked up a 9volt battery it wasn't bright enough, so I hooked up two, then three 9volt batteries but every time it would shine...
  6. M

Autumn Rust

Here's my entry. I was out on a ride one morning and ran into this sweet car. Hope this works.
  7. M

Good deal?? Zenith Bicycle

Someone is selling this 50's Zenith bike for $100 bucks. Is this a good deal?? Can anyone give me some info on this bike? Thanks
  8. M

1961 Strato Flyer

I took my Strato Flyer out for a spin this weekend. The other bike in the picture is my girlfriends Schwinn.
  9. M

Recoating handle grips

If you have ugly handle bar grips or just a color that needs to be changed this stuff really works. It's called plastic dip and I bought some at home depot the other day. This is not paint,(I've used paint and it flakes and scratches off easily)da this is a multi-purpose rubber coating. This...
  10. M

Paint or Decal??

My strato flyer (as well as a lot of spaceliners) have some sort of metallic paint or decal on the end of the fork. The ones on my bike are scratched up pretty bad. Has anybody repainted/decaled this?
  11. M

A few spaceliner questions

I have a few questions about my new spaceliner. Fist can anyone help with the manufacturer and what year? The chain guard said strato flyer on it. Second, did this style have a tank? In the picture below it looks like leftover of where it couldve been. Third, can anyone give me some info on this...
  12. M

Strato Flyer Spaceliner

I bought this one from someone off CL the other day. I washed it and polished the chrome as best I could. Wish I woulda taken before pictures. The chain gaurd is missing because it's at a sign shop getting the strato flyer name put back on. Also the plastic cap from the crank is not here because...
  13. M

Western Flyer ID Help

I need help figuring out what year this bike is from. The serial number is on the headpost. One side has MO 2028 18. And on the other side it has DO 3018 7. Can anyone give me more info on this bike.
Back