Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. viking

Pre Rat

A friend and I built this replica of an 1819 Denis Johnson designed hobby horse, one of the first bicycles. If you look up Denis Johnson hobby horse you could get a lot more info on these and others like them. It was a fun project and we hope to donate it to a local museum.
  2. viking

Skulls & spikes

[/img][/img][/img]
  3. viking

****FINALLY DONE****

Everyone probably forgot about this one.
  4. viking

almost done

Here's a picture update on one of the builds I have going right now. I had it all together and rode it around the block once to see if everything was going to work out, everything checked out so now it's got some color and needs to be reassembled.This was in etching primer and before the bottom...
  5. viking

RAT TRIKE UPDATE (long overdue)

I first posted this project over a year and a half ago, but I put it aside for a while to start on a half dozen other projects, I' m sure I' m the only one that does this , right? Anyway this is an update. I'll be putting on the 15 x 10 Centerlines with maybe 235 50 15's (tire size). It will...
  6. viking

preview update remember this?

I started this one awhile back by gathering all the parts and pieces, the only thing I needed to do is to build a frame. I say "only" but needed to bend my tubing and without a tubing bender that proved to be a challenge so to make a long story short I put this project aside for awhile until...
  7. viking

preview

Coming soon to a bike path near me-this is the start of a bike I want build next. I had to widened the forks 1 1/4" to get the 24"x3" wheel to slide into place, the rear wheel is 24"x4",pretty beefy indeed. I hope to have the frame built in the next couple of weeks.
  8. viking

finished business----

I started this bike awhile back and then we had a little bundle of joy( a little girl named Emma Grace ), needless to say bike projects took a back burner for awhile. So here's an update. I had a Nexus 8 speed laced up and finally found a used Brooks seat, I still want to run the cables through...
  9. viking

Unfinished business

While I'm at it I might as well get my other project on here. I'm still waiting for the pedals and the seat so I'll post it again when it's finished.
  10. viking

Rat trike? repost pics

Sorry about the last post, I'm still learning to post pictures( computers give me headaches).Anyway this is a trike I'm putting together so I'll keep you all updated.
  11. viking

60's Hawthorne

This is one of the bikes I restored resently for a friend at work. He found it at the dump and it was pretty much a rust bucket. I could'nt save the rims, fenders or the handlebars so I had to replace them. The colors are close to original. I think it's an early 60's-mid 60's Hawthorne.
  12. viking

viking rat rodder

Hi, to all you ratz. I thought it was about time I did an intro, so here you go. My name is Mike Viking and I live in Creswell, Oregon. I've been into bikes for along time and I really like to see all the cool and different bikes out there. I found this site awhile back and I've been checking...
Back