Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Old girls Huffy. The Purple Nurple.
  2. G

His & Hers Huffys

Finished up the girls bike a couple weeks ago... guess I ought to show here off a bit! The purple Nurple:
  3. G

Rim Strips

x2 on the electrical tape.
  4. G

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

1965 Racer I finished up and sold a couple weeks ago. Kinda wish this one woulda hung around a little longer.
  5. G

Any of you have sentimental bikes?

The Huffy Convertible my grandfather taught all of his kids and myself how to ride on. I can still remember the first 20 yards or so of riding after he let me go... right before I crashed into the barn.
  6. G

65 Racer Re-Do

Pics from a ride on a sunnier day...
  7. G

65 Racer Re-Do

Here she is all finished up. I kinda gave up on updating the thread.... The shade pic really do the paint justice. Ill get a couple out in the sun later today.
  8. G

~@ OTHER SITES @~

You'd be hard pressed to find a better burger in North Texas than Denton County Independant Hamburger. Fact.
  9. G

~@ OTHER SITES @~

Not trying to start or extend a flame war but... For the sake of the analogy... I'd never heard of "Wendy's" until it was mentioned in this particular "McDonald's" thread. The fact that this thread wasn't Immediatly removed kinda nullifies the argument right? To me (as a consumer that got...
  10. G

~@ OTHER SITES @~

I've always wondered why the people at McDonalds don't encourage their customers to go eat at Wendy's more often... Said no one ever.
  11. G

BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE POT

Re: BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE No doubt. It's those other 8 months of the year that make Texas the greatest place on Earth to call home.
  12. G

BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE POT

Re: BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE The days I can deal with... It's the nights that will kill ya. Ill take a dry 110 in the afternoon elsewhere over the nasty 93/95 July summer nights. Sweating bullets on the back porch after the sun has gone down gets old mighty quick. Not to mention the droves and...
  13. G

BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE POT

Re: BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE People always underestimate the weight of Texas heat until they spend a summer in it....
  14. G

Name the 'Ray'

I plan on doing the same thing with the yellow Speedster I found recently. I was thinking about stealing ex-Dallas Cowboys great Randy White's nickname and calling it the "Manster Ray." I sure like your starting material more than mine...
  15. G

Dumpster Find Urban Bomber

This bike absolutely flies... It's pretty sweet for high speed power slides as well. My plan all along had been to flip this one for some build off bike money but I may have accidentally fallen in love with it. I didn't think I'd ever sell Hodgepodge from last years build off, but this thing...
  16. G

RRBBO-8 Preview

I'm in with a beehive Higgins or a fastback Schwinn... Haven't decided yet.
  17. G

Speedster Turned into an Entire Load... + a Behive!

Re: Schwinn Speedster Turned into an Entire Load today... The Beehive arrived yesterday. It looks like I'll have to shorten the tube a little bit for it to fit... but I think I've settled on the Higgins as my build-off bike. We're soon to be a two Beehive family... no plans to make mine as...
  18. G

JC Higgins Help

After researching the Monarch Rocket a little. it seems that the same bike was sold as a JC Higgins, Firestone, Western Flyer, and Monarch... Would I be correct in assuming that the tank from any of these bike's tank would fit right onto my bike?
  19. G

JC Higgins Help

I picked up this Higgins as a throw in with a couple Schwinn lightweights about four weeks ago. Over in the Fresh Finds section I was told it was Monarch built from 1949. I've been trying to find information on it for weeks now and have come up pretty much empty. I'd really like to find a...
  20. G

Cross two strength

Any update on how it's held up? I've got a kickback, some S2 rims, and some 9.5 spokes from a 24 inch wheel. Thinking this is the way I might go rather than buying new spokes for a cross 3 pattern.
Back