Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

♠ RRB WELCOMES 3G BIKES!!!! ♠

I rented one of these when I was on vacation in Annamaria Island. My at-home cruiser is an electra straight 8, and the first thing i noticed about these bad boys is the size. I'm 6 foot 4 and it fit me fine! My electra is a bit too small. Still though, considering it was a beach rental....it...
  2. I

Felt Bicycle Pics

I'm loving that seatpost....is that one of the standard laybacks from amazon with the support cut or what?
  3. I

Brooks flyer saddle?

So I took it off my cruiser. It was too narrow and uncomfortable. Last night I put it on my road bike. It was magical. I get it now. I still haven't proofided it and it's so comfy already. I just had it on the wrong bike :)
  4. I

BOBBER SEAT CONVERSION?

the crazy electric straight 8 build thread just did a seat conversion. Not to mention all the RIDICULOUS AMAZING fab work on the front forks. It's intense.
  5. I

Electra Straight 8,electric chopper project

I love the shocks on that seat. Bad ...
  6. I

legit or bogus?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/3060369218.html
  7. I

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Where's that seatpost from?
  8. I

My Bicycles! :)

It looks like a chrome mag wheel from an 80s muscle car
  9. I

My Straight 8 Cruiser. An Evolution.

i did like the mirror.....but i felt like i was always readjusting it and that it was always vibrating.
  10. I

My Straight 8 Cruiser. An Evolution.

So, I don't think i've done enough to warrant a build thread, but I'm really proud of what I've done with my electra given my limited workspace and budget. This is the evolution: Here it is the day i brought it home. Notice the kryptonite lock. The first thing to be added....and then...
  11. I

Brooks flyer saddle?

So I got it. $45 NIB with proofide as well. It is quite a bit less plush than the stock electra cruiser seat....but my road bike has taught me that less is more when it comes to saddles. Rode it around a bit, it was comfortable enough but not "comfy." I definately need the layback post now...
  12. I

Brooks flyer saddle?

Right now I have apes on the straight 8 and I need to get a payback seatpost. I'm also considering switching out to clubman style bars. Honestly, the saddle is only 40 bucks so I'm thinking I should just pick it up anyways....worst case scenario I put it on my road bike or keeP it for the future
  13. I

Brooks flyer saddle?

So I came across a really good deal for a brooks flyer saddle, basically a B17 with springs. Would this saddle be comfortable enough with my straight 8 or will this only work with road bike geometry? I'm gonna be picking it up after work today....so quick responses are highly appreciated
  14. I

Electra Bicycle Pics

What is the term for these handlebars?
  15. I

ELECTRA (Folsom Flip) powder coat & gold leaf---

It looks like the sissy bar on your banana is pretty much vertical.....what size seat is it? 18? 20? 26? I'm about ot pull the trigger on a banana/sissy bar set up on my straight 8, but i want ot make sure i get the right size.
  16. I

***Rat Riders 2012 Bicycle Event PICS

Re: ***Rat Riders 2012 Bicycle Event*** I'll be there with the GF.....reppin' for the Electras
  17. I

My Garage with some toys!

Whatever word is beyond jealous.....thats what i am.
  18. I

Haulers, what do you haul your bike in?

nice bobber.....got any more info on it or a build thread on a bobber forum somewhere?
  19. I

Electra Bicycle Pics

Just added suicide shifter. I know its a shimano 333, but it doesn't look like the normal click sticks. And with how close it is to the spinning spokes.....it may be suicide on the fingers!
  20. I

Rat Rod Bikes Stickers ?

perhaps pictures with a ruler for scale? I have a feeling that top black and white one would look awesome on the chainstay on the "ugly" side....assuming its the right size
Back