Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jimbo

Board Stiff

Well i will try to do the build off, but I have WAAAAAAYYYYY too much other stuff happening this summer. But hey, why not. lets start it. i have not even had a chance to check out the site in many months, so what a good way to get back on the wagon! OK the frame is a 50's monark, with a murray...
  2. jimbo

black bikes?

sorry, late for the party, but gotta work ya know! here is one of my black beauties. no name, but high and tight! another one of my black bikes is on loan to a friend. i will retrieve it later....i hope! she is a flat black, with new paint on since last summer.
  3. jimbo

gainesville florida

dude, now that the weather has turned a bit chilly, we have got to set up a north florida ride, swap, meet-up, or something! i have gotta get in shape before the holidays and i get FAT. so whatya think? how many of us north/central floridians do we have? also, the big hunkin ole oak trees with...
  4. jimbo

Finished Shelby M.I.A

it might be slow, but you look good ridin it! who cares how you feel, as long as you look GOOD!
  5. jimbo

jville fl on the 4th?

a ride when it gets cooler would be great! since we are all over north/central fl, we should try to get one planned on a weekend, fri or sat ride. that way more may be able to drive in for the event.. but with the price of gas...who knows?
  6. jimbo

Need help identifying this?

isnt this the ever elusive Shwithorne? I have heard of their existence, but never really........... oh wait i have one similar to that one, but i think it is a Hawinn!
  7. jimbo

taking off a head badge

thanks. i knew that it was easier than i was thinking! i just have to be careful cuz the badge looks killer and was covered with a sticker so it looks to be in good shape. thnx again!
  8. jimbo

taking off a head badge

ok, i have a silly question, but how can i take off a head badge with out ruining the badge? the bike is a 53 monark, and i want the head badge off so that i can paint the bike and make the head badge more presentable. i know that it has to be a simple thing, but what is it? it is not the screw...
  9. jimbo

jville fl on the 4th?

that would be great! i am more than a tank ride (and as we know, you have to take out a loan to get a fill up now), for me. But it sounds good. i am a bit further east, but if we can set one up for the fall it would be kickin!
  10. jimbo

jville fl on the 4th?

ok. i got a question, is there still a ride on the 4th of july in jax beach? i know that we built up a huge following there 10 years ago or so. i was just wondering if it is still happening. the last time that i did it, we had a few hundred bikes riding from the north end of the beach to the...
  11. jimbo

trip to europe

ok, to start my wife and i went to hungary, where she is from, for about a week or so. she still owns a home there. well, my brother-n-law and i were scavenging around the garage and found a few bikes. 2 of them are my wifes and one was her dad's bike that he used all the time. here are some of...
  12. jimbo

RAT SPACE POLL

i know that i am fairly new to the ratrodbikes site, but i LOVE IT! if i can speak for everyone, we need this website so that we can get new ideas on what to build, and how to build it instead of being stuck to one way thinking. i would definitely pay a $10 spot for it. This way we can see what...
  13. jimbo

the sad terrible time has come

dude, you gotta do what you gotta do! I might do it differently, but i am no you. oh well. this might just be what and where i can get some parts!?!?! so sorry to hear you going, but list those parts already!! i am chompin at the bit!! Break My Windows (everyone knows that one) Big Meaty...
  14. jimbo

heard of a 20" hawthorne?

oh yeah, if you look carefully at the head stem you wil see a reflector on it. i have never seen one there on any bike. it is held in there by a screw.bolt or what ever. it is about 2"X 1" and the plastic on the sides molds around the frame. this thing keeps me wondering more and more about it...
  15. jimbo

i have looked everywhere for info and nothing. it is good to know that another hawthorne of this size is out there. i have all of the original parts, including the hawthorne chain that has the "H" on all of the links. i was going to rat this for my daughter or my son, but if it is rare i might...
  16. jimbo

monark woody....maybe

I got these forks from ebay, and i got em for CHEAP! they are really cool looking and react pretty good as well. i am looking at the chalk board green paint with a wood tank and see if i can put wood accents all over the frame. but i am just in the middle of a dream at this time. the more parts...
  17. jimbo

i got this 20" hawthorne a couple of years ago and i cant find anything about it. is/was there such a thing? it is s muscle bike and has some unique bend of the tubes. trying to get some info....anybody?
  18. jimbo

monark woody....maybe

here is my next project. a monark (50s i think) with a murray fork. not sure on the scheme for it, but i will figure it out as i go. i am aiming for a woody board tracker, but as we all know things change when making a rat. trying to figure out a color, i am looking at a flat green, or red...
  19. jimbo

my schwinn speedster

well, this is another from my stable of bikes. this one has a great story. i got this while i lived in minneapolis. a friend of mine knew that i liked bikes, and he saw this one and picked it up for me.i paid my buddy $10 for gas. when i got it it looked like it had gone through the wringer and...
  20. jimbo

post trike pictures

Re: trikes pictures of them just ot let you know, the first rat rod bike i ever did was a trike. man that thing was BAD. but this was way before there was such a thing as digital camera. so i will have to search up and down for a pic of it. the stats were something like this: frame was a throw...
Back