Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Hey 5speed, I found your link using that number. I've never seen a CL ad that accepts gold & silver bars/coins as a payment method. Maybe I should start doing that with mine too! http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/4483482015.html
  2. J

Worksman Trike

It was just dumb luck that I stumbled across these. There were about 30 trikes but the vast majority were beyond repair. I mocked up my Coast King Commander with the bolt-on trike rear end from a Royal Enfield and it was ......! That's definitely going to be my next full build.
  3. J

Worksman Trike

Picked up 2 matching Worksman industrial trikes this weekend. These trikes spent all their lives hauling gear & tools through a John Deere and since then have been in a scrap pile on a farm. Both trikes are in great shape minus a little bit of light surface rust. Most of the trikes on the...
  4. J

THE FRITZ FIFTY - LIMITED EDITION STING-RAY

I got mine over the weekend. Number 201.
  5. J

New guy from Waterloo, Iowa

There's also a new brewery a couple of blocks away called Single Speed Brewing. I'll be volunteering until around 10/11 a.m. then maybe making my way over to enjoy a tasty beverage.
  6. J

Cedar Valley Bicycle Collective Swap Meet

The Cedar Valley Bicycle Collective is proud to host the 1st annual CVBC swap meet! Come see what bikes, bike parts, and accessories others are selling, and bring your own stuff to sell/trade. Renting tables for $10 each Put your bike in the bike corral to sell it for $5 $3 entry fee All...
  7. J

The Cedar Valley Bicycle Collective is actually putting on a bike swap meet coming up in a couple of weeks at the CF Community Center. Admission $3 Rent a table to sell items for $10 Sell your bike in the bike corral for $5/bike More details: http://www.bikeiowa.com/Event/6959/cvbc-swap-meet
  8. J

Welcome from another Waterloo guy!
  9. J

"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."

Welcome and Go Hawks!!
  10. J

Black Phantom?

Afterthoughts...I guess it could be a jaguar. It comes with a 3 speed hub.
  11. J

Black Phantom?

Hey guys. My buddy is looking at picking up his first vintage bike and think it may be a pretty good deal. It looks like a Black Phantom to me but without the tank. The crank pattern also doesnt look correct but everything else seems to be right. What do you guys think?
  12. J

Tybee Siren

Looking great so far. Cant wait to see some more progress. I'm about to start an old ladies Monark very similar to this for my GF.
  13. J

Picked up a couple of ladies

The riding season is upon us and I just picked up a new project for the girlfriend to ride. That's how you keep the peace, right? :lol: Here's the Monark's that I picked up this weekend. The Coast King (with tank) was just one of those bikes that i was strangely drawn to. It's a 24" so wont...
  14. J

Newb from Southeast Ioway

Welcome! Waterloo, IA here. Tons of great info on this site.
  15. J

Rollfast Project - Wheels Done!

Re: Rollfast Project Hey Georgeediii, great looking bike so far. Did you get the chain figured out? I know it might not be as pretty with the white chain & all, but you can pickup a half-link (offset link) at most hardware/farm supply stores that should resolve the issue for you. Maybe you...
  16. J

Potential New Project Help

COAST KING!! That's exactly it! After googling around it appears to be the Coast King Commander. Backpedaler posted some photos of one a couple of years ago. The tank decals, style & nearly everything are identical...except the downtube decal is completely different. Backpedaler's post...
  17. J

Thanks for the input guys. I just picked her up and she's a little rough but not for much longer. I still dont know for certain what it is but I'm definitely leaning towards a Ross with that snowflake chainring. The decal on the seat-tube is pretty worn off and all I can make out on it is "NEW...
  18. J

Thanks cman. I've seen quite a few bikes with a similar tank/headlight shape but none with the double barred seatstay. He's going to email me the S/N later so that should help answer some questions. Since it's a bit of a drive to pick it up I want to make sure it's not a modern reproduction...
  19. J

Hey guys! After finishing my last project and now that the cycling season is coming to an end here, I decided to pickup a winter project. I found this bike and was told it was a Schwinn but I cant seem to find any similar Schwinns that have the squared off headlight and a doubled seat stay like...
  20. J

First Bike Build - 70's All Pro & Schwinn Speedster

Thanks Jake! After rebuilding a few cars and some motorcycles, I've gotta say that i love the fact that these old bikes seem so simple but are still pretty complex in the build process. I'm hooked! Up next is to try and rebuild my Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and then rebuild that Speedster...
Back