Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Missing Link

Quill style seat post

I'm looking for a for a quill style, self tightening seatpost, it's for a late 50's Evans built Hiawatha if that helps, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Missing Link

Shipping a bike to an APO

Does anyone out there have experience shipping a bike to a military APO? My wife is currently depoyed to West Africa and the base she's at has 3 bikes 2 of which are not in working order. I was planning on buying a few single speed cruisers and shipping them over but I'm having a hard time...
  3. Missing Link

☆El Green Go☆1968 Schwinn Panther☆

Although I've been finished with this build since June, I never posted a finished thread because I never got around to taking pictures. So earlier today when I went for a ride I got some pics along the trail, so here it is in all its finished glory.
  4. Missing Link

RRBBO13 ☆El Green Go☆1968 Schwinn Panther☆

I figure I'll throw my hat in the ring, again this year, not building to win just building to ride. Here's what I'm starting with I just recieved this from member@Decathlete today. I was told it's from 1968 which should make it a Panther as that was the only 26" canti that year to come in...
  5. Missing Link

Huff In Paint~ '55 Huffy Customliner

Here's the finished product, satin black 1955 Huffy Customliner. My starting point; From there I stripped it down to bare metal, shot and sanded 3 coats of red oxide primer, topped that with Rustoleum satin black, further flattened with steel wool. I stripped the front side of the chainguard...
  6. Missing Link

~Huff In Paint~ '55 Huffy Customliner

Another year, another build off, and I'll be rebuilding the same bike as last year. Last winter I built up a '55 Huffy with some help from my son, Henry. This year we'll be putting the original fenders, rack and chainguard back on and everthing will get fresh paint, right now its looking like...
  7. Missing Link

☆ARMADILLO ESPECIAL☆ final pics!!!

Well, it may not be a top 10 contender but its the first one to the finish. Its been a fun build, frustrating at times, but fun. Now for the best part getting to ride it. I'll get my final pictures up once I get them shot so this'll have to do for now. Its a Summit Workhorse frame and...
  8. Missing Link

☆ARMADILLO ESPECIAL☆ •FINISHED•

I'm in, another year, another build off. This year's inspiration, the unofficial state animal of Texas, this guy. I'm setting out to build a reliable, somewhat light-er weight single speed mountain bike capable of handling my current west Texas terrain as well as the Texas hill country, as we...
  9. Missing Link

Rata del Rio Concho

I'm going to call this one finished, as I can't stop riding it. Both my son and I had a blast building this bike, it was a great learning experience for him and I got an awesome new town and trail bike. Thanks for all the encouragement and comments.
  10. Missing Link

☆Bobbed Ross☆ '65 Ross DeLuxe

I barely made it to the finish line but I made it. I had a blast building this and seeing everyone's builds coming together. Thanks for all the support and comments.
  11. Missing Link

Rata del Rio Concho: 1955 Huffy father/son project.

I'm starting on a second bike, partly to keep me from overthinking/experimenting/screwing up my first build, but mostly because my 6 year old son asked me if we could work on another bike together earlier today. So here we go. The starting point is a 55 Huffy (Customliner? Radio Bike? Who...
  12. Missing Link

☆BOBBED ROSS☆ '65 Ross DeLuxe. ~fin~

I'll be joining in the fun this winter with a twin top bar Ross canti frame I bought from @kirk in December. I'm nicknaming it Bob, because A: it's a Ross, Bob Ross. B: It's wearing at least two brushed on coats of house paint, no happy little trees, just blue and red. As it looked when I...
  13. Missing Link

"Mus Malum" Ratting out an Electra Rat Rod. Now with a triple tree and clip ons!!!

I've always been a fan of the early Electra R/S, Revel, Rat Rod style frames. There's something about the flipped lowered seat stays and the massive amount of space between the top and middle bar that make them look tough. When the opportunity presented itself to trade my Worksman klunker to...
  14. Missing Link

SOLD Custom 3 speed shifter

I built this shifter to use on my build off bike. I ended up going a different direction so I figured I'd offer it up to the rest of the rat rod bike building community. It's a Shimano 333 stick shift, and will work with most Shimano internally geared 3 speeds, 333 and Nexus 3 for sure. It has a...
  15. Missing Link

▪Peggy Suicide▪'52 Boren Latonia badged Schwinn

I started this build as a side project during BO11. With the build off over I figured I'd start a build thread on it as it's still far from finished.My starting point is an October 1952 Boren Latonia badged Schwinn I picked up off Craigslist. I bought a chrome triple tree from @stingrayraleigh...
  16. Missing Link

Finished with your BO11 build, what's next?

Having just wrapped up my build I've been looking around the shop trying to figure out what my next project will be. I know some of you guys finished pretty early on, quite a few just finished, some of you are still burning the midnight oil. So, what are your future and/or current projects as...
  17. Missing Link

Beauty is in the eye... Liner. Detail pics added.

This year I started out with a crusty $20 Murray built "liner" frame and fork and a $10 tank of unknown origin. I bought them from two different vendors at the Pate Swap Meet at Texas Motor Speedway a day before the build off began. From that pile of parts I built the bike you see before you...
  18. Missing Link

Beauty is in the eye... Liner. ~FINISHED~

I found myself with no bike to build this year, until yesterday. While walking the massive acreage of rusty junk at the Pate Swap Meet at Texas Motor Speedway, I came across a bike frame sitting in a tub of auto parts, the $25 asking price was great, although I talked the seller down to $20 and...
  19. Missing Link

~WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT SHE GETS...TO RIDE~ '49 Mercury crossover.

I'm in. So far here's what I've got; So I'll build a bike around part of a X-53 springer and a pair of early 20th century brass, um iron? knuckles. I'm stoked!
  20. Missing Link

(WBO) Winter/Spring Marriage '48 Murray/ '78 Western Flyer; FINISHED!!!

So I've already got one bike in this build off, but it's a fairly simple build, I just recently started welding and figured, what the heck I want to cut something up and make something totally different with it, so here we go. I've got a 24" '78 Western Flyer girl's frame I originally bought for...
Back