Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

SoCal Whittier Swap Meet (1st Sat of the month) edited

Re: SoCal Whittier Swap Meet (1st Sat of the month) I believe this weekend, 10/1, will be another swap meet in Whittier. Can anyone confirm?
  2. L

Schwinn Trike? Bendix rear end?

Looks just like the Red Band here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23512&p=235015&hilit=Bendix+Trike#p235015
  3. L

Schwinn Trike? Bendix rear end?

Hey guys, I am kinda new to trikes and am trying to help a buddy piece together a project bike. It is a Trike on a "24 Schwinn girl's frame (early 60s Hollywood i believe) with a red band universal rear end that bolts to the frame's rear drop outs. Is this common? Most trikes I remember as...
  4. L

Low seats on bikes

EPIC response....! I have now committed "...it looks like a giant stole a bike from a kid" to memory. Thanks Big Al for making me laugh on a Monday morning. :lol:
  5. L

HOW TO REMOVE A STUCK SEAT POST

Winner winner chicken dinner...! Love it.
  6. L

For Sale "Old Schwinn" - '62 Typhoon content!

Re: Fore Sale "Old Schwinn" - '62 Typhoon content! Do I see a painted fender behind the bike on a rack? Sure look like the OG red with white stripping. :D
  7. L

Pin Stripping FTW..?

yes, PM me for sure and bring your brushes... Cheers. LS
  8. L

Fender Bender?

Great idea, I love it. Not sure what a railroad dolly is and how it may differ than a vice. I am going to do some bending this weekend. :D
  9. L

Fender Bender?

Hey guys/gals, I have a '79 Schwinn Cruiser I am almost done "restoring." I have added an after market set of chrome fenders and want to add my front break. The rear Atom just doesn't stop it fast enough. The fender is a little wide for the front break to clear and work properly. Any ideas on...
  10. L

Pin Stripping FTW..?

Ray, I looked through every pic in your album. Nice stripping and grats on you wife's bike. you do great work. You ever in SoCal LA area? I may have some stripping for you. :D
  11. L

1954 Schwinn Red Phantom Original paint

Crazy puuurty.... 8)
  12. L

Pin Stripping FTW..?

Great panels of pin striping... That "old skool" rat stripping always seems to catch my eye. Between the color combos and tribal designs, just good stuff. There are a few folks who do it at the Long Beach Swap Meet here in CA. I have alway considered having it done on my motorcycle and...
  13. L

Triple Red and Yellow Band Rebuild- Questions, Answers, Pics

Great thread, just what I was looking for... :)
  14. L

Pin Stripping FTW..?

Hey all, anyone have any cool examples or ideas for pin stripping? I love to look at different stripper's work and the creativity they use. ANY pics would be greatly appreciated... Cheers, LS
  15. L

Long Beach, CA cruise... Dates?

The guy I met said there was between 160-180 riders. Sounds like a great way to do a little peddling on a Sunday.
  16. L

REcycles- Jarin Erickson (so-cal)

So cal here also, welcome...
  17. L

Hello From So. Cal.

Welcome aboard... I am also new and have found this site and members invaluable. Great peeps plus cool tools equals sweet rides... Best of luck to you.
  18. L

Long Beach, CA cruise... Dates?

Met a really cool fella at a swap meet and he invited me to cruise with him and a big group in Long Beach. I just can't seem to remember where and when to meet. Anyone know?
  19. L

Slow and Social Sunday Los Angeles 8/14/11

I had this on my calendar. Unfortunately my GFs bike had a " malfunction." Pics?
  20. L

Rear Tire not seeding correctly?

You are so right, the guy at the LBS had this, "How am I going to BS my way out of this one?, dear in headlights look" after he tried in vein for a good 20 mins trying to get that rim to seed. The Schwinnie dude, he saw some coinage to be made. But, it was the best overpriced $18 bucks I have...
Back