Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 1959firearrow

WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Sweet count me in as long as everybody agrees with that.
  2. 1959firearrow

WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

So I would be into do joining this but I have a few questions to see if I'm even eligible. I've got a rat bike that yes has been built before. Not really built I should say but mocked up. At this point I've got all the parts I want I just have to put it all together as a final mock up. The...
  3. 1959firearrow

ohio get togethers ?

I'm from around Findlay and yes the only rides really organized so Far have been the Rat Riders in Cinci. If anyone wants to try and organize a get together more north I would be interested in helping out. Make it a Ride/Swap and I'm down for sure.
  4. 1959firearrow

1 Owner Hiawatha

Depending on which rear hub you have there may be numbers that will tell you what year the bike is if the wheels have never been swapped. Neat bike for sure!
  5. 1959firearrow

Anyone know whats going on over on the CABE?

So I went visit the CABE website and it says it's been hacked? Anyone else having this issue? Hope the site doesn't get messed up due to this. i know a lot of people here also use that site.
  6. 1959firearrow

multi speed skiptooth hubs?

Hmmm, I like the ichi deal but I'm trying to stay with at least a somewhat vintage hub. I'm thinking all try it with a Sturmy Archer 3speed. If it fails I'll move in for a nexus setup. That musselman 2 speed is pretty wicked! ...... deal though.
  7. 1959firearrow

multi speed skiptooth hubs?

Are there any multi speed skiptooth hubs out there or any that anyone has converted successfully? I really want more speed out of my rat but also cruise so I don't want it to be killer to pedal at low speed. I really like my skiptooth setup but just wondering if I can get something like a...
  8. 1959firearrow

If you had $100,000 what would you drive?

I want this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1931-Mar ... 500wt_1182 Hot Rod Marmon! Put another 20k into the mechanicals and and another 20k for paint and body. Use the other 16k to drive it daily for as long as I can.
  9. 1959firearrow

Thrift Stores

I know what you are feeling exactly. I have never seen or scored anything cool bike wise from a thrift store. Goodwill usually blows for anything but work shirts. Salvation Army on the other hand is where I've scored some cool stuff in the past.
  10. 1959firearrow

Sakae SR Swan 60 Stem ? Price?

I found a Sakae SR Swan 60 Stem on a bike I recently purchased and was just wondering what these are worth? Kinda neat overall design but I'm not into Road bikes which I'm pretty sure is what these are for. Anyone have any info ? I posted a link to one on ebay that is in worse shape than mine. I...
  11. 1959firearrow

Sears Spyder

I love that purple! Awesome bike to ride!
  12. 1959firearrow

Fort Wayne Indiana 1st annual

Seems like it might be for more modern stuff than our oldies but you never know.
  13. 1959firearrow

Obsidian Trip

I'm not sure if that's the right one or not but either way I can't afford you're frame.
  14. 1959firearrow

Obsidian Trip

Hopefully gonna get to the bike sometime this week, waiting for my deep spring womens saddle to arrive! Don't ask why but I prefer them looks wise. Really hoping to have it in primer by next weekend. Anyone out there have a headbadge for a rollfast?
  15. 1959firearrow

'40s Hiawatha and '60s Schwinn

Very jealous of the Hiawatha! I'm still waiting for a CWC built tank bike with og paint to come my way. For cheap of course :mrgreen: .
  16. 1959firearrow

Battered & Beaten updated 8-4 DONE

Re: Battered & Beaten updated 5-4 Looking great especially for a taking a ride off of a cliff :shock: ! I really dig the look and the seat. I wish that pile was a closer to me I'd go check it out just for kicks.
  17. 1959firearrow

37/38 Rollfast "Zep"

Lucky Devil! Wish mine even had a tank or that lock or even the headbadge! :oops: Nice score
  18. 1959firearrow

I hate Hello's

Welcome I'm gonna add some more to your ever decreasing reputation! :lol: Welcome to the circus, here anything and anything you can do with a bike will happen eventually. Looking forward to competing with you in the build off. You going traditional or anything goes?
  19. 1959firearrow

Obsidian Trip

If I bought fishnet I definitely won't be for me :lol: maybe the girlfriend. Come to think of it lace wouldn't be bad either.... Bikes Bikes gotta stay on track. :D I really need to learn how to true and lace wheels for this project. Gotta stay as low budget as possible.
  20. 1959firearrow

Obsidian Trip

It's gonna be weird buying the lace. I'm pretty sure that will look like a fool walking around checking out lace but the end result will be worth it.
Back