Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Z

Phantasm - 1953 Schwinn B6

the tin looks awesome. the shading on the chaingaurd looks great. i also forgot to mask that when i did my gaurd and tank. oh well it still looks good the way it is.
  2. Z

1950 schwinn starlet

i was also on a budget, but yeah i used a 4 inch angle grinder and a wire wheel. it worked pretty well for the large open areas, but hand sanded the hard to reach areas. good luck
  3. Z

Phantasm - 1953 Schwinn B6

sweet idea with the tank, and the chrome did have to go. looks awesome'
  4. Z

Antique shop score

Glad I helped bring back some memories.. Haha, the bike is pretty sweet design. Like I said I think I'm going to clean it up clear coat it and ride it myself.. Or sell. It has great patina and I want to keep it that way.
  5. Z

1950 schwinn starlet

Thanks.
  6. Z

Antique shop score

Flipped the bars around.. That's all for now.. I know this is a girls frame but I may ride this one haha
  7. Z

Antique shop score

Yeah I flipped the bars around right away.. My girl thinks its awesome.. Haha I am going to paint the handlebars.. Clean and grease the bearings and leave it the way it is I think.. Just let her ride it around..
  8. Z

1950 schwinn starlet

I got the seat from eBay.. It was 19.99 with grips and pedals.. Couldn't pass it up..
  9. Z

1950 schwinn starlet

I need a delta headlight to finish it off.. Anybody have one for sale for a decent price hit me up.. Working and lense is important.. Don't care about rust I'm painting it. Thanks
  10. Z

1950 schwinn starlet

I haven't posted any updates for quite some time now.. Been super busy with work.. Here is the wife's starlet almost completely done. What do y'all think? I will post some better pics in the light.. That was on the basement and the pics aren't all to bright.
  11. Z

Antique shop score

18$ for this cool girls muscle bike.. Sweet fork and bars.. It's a roadrunner.. The daughters will be super excited to see it.
  12. Z

ndaway's gallery and random photos

i want to add a stick shift to my ride, any tips? do you make yours yourself? or just modify existing shifters? are you running kenda flame tires on the coke wasp? sick bikes! love the fat tire look.
  13. Z

typhoony

I will give it a try. Thanks. Bike looks sweet by te way. I like the idea of the large rear sprocket. Bet it helps with wheelies lol.
  14. Z

typhoony

Can you elaborate a little more on how to adjust the hub.. I have a shimano 3 speed coaster brake hub and seems I have 3nd and 2nd but not 1st. Too much tension? And what do you mean when you say you adjusted it in 2nd gear. It would be nice to have this thing shifting properly. Thanks
  15. Z

Brass head Badge removal

Ok thanks guys, the dremel may be the best bet.. I was thinking yesterday when I was trying again to get this thing off.. Man a little L shaped tool with a pivot point would work slick to push them out just far enough to grab it with a pliers.. I guess u have the same thoughts lol. I will give...
  16. Z

Brass head Badge removal

I have a 50s Goodyear that I'm building.. I most definitely want to use the headbadge but I want to take it off for paint stripping and painting.. The rivets or studs that are holding it in are seriously tough steel.. They are more of a pin than a rivet because nothing protrudes into the...
  17. Z

Coca~Cola fat tire build "the carbonated cruiser"

Re: Coca~Cola fat tire build How straight will the chain line be with the larger rear tire/hub.. Or is the hub roughly the same width.. I was looking at building a very similar ride with my goodyear frame, and the wheel I was looking at from cyclesus.com has a 110mm hub which seems to be a good...
  18. Z

Fresh Schwinn's Phantom,20''Tornado, B6 ??

I can only dream of the day I will score a schwinn like the brown one.. Springer and tank together.. Pretty rare in Wisconsin as far ad I have seen.. Seen a lot of old rusty bikes as decoration but if I saw a springer ride I would flip.. Really want to find a jem like that.
  19. Z

GAC, especial ladies cruiser

All I needed to know.. I think I will use the wheels after all.
  20. Z

GAC, especial ladies cruiser

Any ideas ladies and gents?
Back