Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. CapnUNITarian

Building of TubCycle

IMO, both sets of bars look good, but riding position and shifter knob may be the deciding factors. Kinda prefer the drag bars-- might look better with the sidecar....... 8) 8)
  2. CapnUNITarian

>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>>

Thanks John. Yep, I've tried as well. Ever since I started riding a 29r (G-fisher & Kona mtn bikes) I almost have a hissy fit when/if I have to ride a little 26 incher :( But I get over it-- at least I'm still riding! :) Jeff, when I get around to starting on the "DIAMOND-RAT" rebuild...
  3. CapnUNITarian

Sand Rover DONE! (finished pics pg 5, sand video pg 7)

Re: Sand Rover (major progress, rolling on fat wheels!) Very cool project, and making good use of those OCC choppers :) (aint making fun of 'em-- I keep walking past an old GIANT 'Dub' 20" chopper at my LBS, keep threatening to buy it-- it's got the fat tires front & rear :) ) If you have...
  4. CapnUNITarian

Long-Nights

Outrageous!! 8) You absolutely gotta put a geared wheel on that swingarm, then run a loop of chain from the 'middle' wheel back to it! Then you'll have 2 wheel drive........ :wink:
  5. CapnUNITarian

Building of TubCycle

:shock: Wow! Those pictures sure say a lot! I want to sit on that seat!!! 8) 8) The bike is going to look awesome even without the sidecar. Can't wait to see the extended, curved shifter. I hope to do the same on one of my builds. You're right about the riding with a sidecar being...
  6. CapnUNITarian

Thanks for your reply. Your sense of beauty and styling sure show in what you've done with your SS Hotrod 8) I especially love the acorn nuts :) 8) 8) Funny that you should ask whether I've a coasterbrake or not...... I'm going to rebuild my DiamondBack-- again :) and it will be renamed...
  7. CapnUNITarian

Beautiful build! Sweet SS Hotrod 8) 8) Love your chain tensioner and hope you're not worried about what other peeps think of it. I converted my own sweet little hotrod-- a '95 DiamondBack mtn bike--into a single speeder, and used a derailleur arm & pulley for my tensioner :) I used a...
  8. CapnUNITarian

Building of TubCycle

Lot of cool stuff going on here! Very cool 'floating' tank idea, and awesome TUBCYCLE logo 8) 8) Love the stretched out chainguard too!
  9. CapnUNITarian

pictures and stuff 11/20 oh no, another one

Re: pictures and stuff 8/4 pretty cool news 8) Big Congratz! Enjoy the ride. I can see why Brad liked that one. Him & Jeff are good people. :)
  10. CapnUNITarian

Mr & Mrs

8) Good looking weld there! I rarely got a good continuous bead like that. I was a bearing repairman, and we were only allowed to weld certain things-- no lifting devices :roll: -- and all our welding was on big, heavy duty bearing chocks, etc. If I was to try and weld a bike frame...
  11. CapnUNITarian

The Sting-Rat

Looking good! Yeah, big apes-- only way to go 8) I got a LBS nearby too, and like you say, just walk in and say, "I need one of these........", Jeff, the owner goes in the back and brings a new one out! He's been there for 40 years, so he's got some brand new vintage stuff 8)
  12. CapnUNITarian

Hometown Huffy

Love that lacing job! Can't wait to see it together 8)
  13. CapnUNITarian

rat muscle

Looking better with every new posting 8) Slick looks awesome!
  14. CapnUNITarian

Re: pictures and stuff 8/2 one new one Dude- :shock: You just keep surpassing yourself! As perfect as the Higgins/skyline pic is, your latest is almost even better! 8) 8) (pm sent)
  15. CapnUNITarian

Custom Hawthorne

Looking really good! Color combo rocks! You going to paint that black pinstripe-- or use black pinstriping tape and then clear it? Yeah, go single or 3 speed. Much simpler, and maybe rig up a cool stick shifter for the 3 speed. Keep up the good work-- coz I want to see more! 8) 8) :)
  16. CapnUNITarian

Re: pictures and stuff 7/31 Looks like you're in love with your Higgins 8) I would be too-- looks and sounds like a sweet ride. I agree with you about the top picture being perfect. Way cool how you tried to improve on 'perfection' and couldn'nt! :) 8) That one should be-- no, it's gotta...
  17. CapnUNITarian

Mr & Mrs

Thanks G :) Yep, time management has always been a problem for me, and you sound just like me-- being afraid to try golf, coz you might like it-- just like me :roll: I worked in a steel mill for 33 years and learned how to weld-- a bit. Doubt that I'll add a welder to my collection--...
  18. CapnUNITarian

Building of TubCycle

8) 8) Love the trikes and sidecars, and this one is looking killer! Man, what a score on the original bike frame! :shock: I'd love to find one like that! Cool how that Ross tank seems almost made for it. Uh........ please, no more pictures of chrome bike frame next to a chrome table &...
  19. CapnUNITarian

Mr & Mrs

Very cool! Wish I could add welding to my vast area of interests :cry: , but I really enjoy watching a craftsman at work 8) From the looks of those fine forks, maybe should be: 'one bike for a gentleman, and one for the 'little' lady'? :wink:
  20. CapnUNITarian

First build in 15 years, Done-ish with pics added

Sorry to hear about your getting laid off-- hope things get better for you soon. I'll certainly be looking for updates on this! Love what you're doing with it, and getting ideas for maybe tanking one of my bikes-- Thanks 8)
Back