Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Board track racer frames

Below are a couple examples of BTR style motorcycles with "real" powerplants. Note: no bicycle parts are used, frame material is much thicker, wheels and tires are made for higher speeds, and the brakes are actually capable of stopping the bike at higher speeds...
  2. J

☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - Finished with a snag pg 16 Looking great! Have you thought of painting the bars black? It might just be the flash but in the picture they seem to stand out to me.
  3. J

Building something close to a Bobber... I think?

Just a guess but I'd say he made them like the rest of the bike. looking great shannonhansen! Did you settle on a patina yet?
  4. J

Old Wearwell Cycle Co. build

Wow, everything you've done so far is perfect, Im hoping to build something similar soon.
  5. J

Motor Question

I think a lot of the reasoning behind the more obscure powerplants is divided between being unique and what the individual had on hand when they started. I've seen a few posts where people thought they could save money by using some odd engine that was in their back yard only do dump more money...
  6. J

need some advice. just a few questions before I start my bu

That looks like a good engine to start with but you are going to have to do a lot of modifications to fit it in that frame. Moped wheels are constructed the same as motorcycle rims so you can easily lace a moped hub into a motorcycle rim. That's what I'm doing for my rear wheel on my build...
  7. J

Sportsman Pedal Power Boardie

Looks good Pat! Just use some motorcycle rims and tires like on your Bonneville Flyers and I'm waiting for someone who doesn't know who you are to come on and say you should motorized it. :D
  8. J

Science Shorty

It looks great, this is my new favorite of your frames.
  9. J

New Boardtracker Idea

Maybe shortening it some more while adding a bend and steeper angle to the down tube will help make it more proportionate to the wheels?...
  10. J

1948 Healing - Ratted!!!!

Looks perfect! What tires are those, do you hae a link to them?
  11. J

Another B.T.R.

I've gotten a few things done, but that's all I'm posting for now...
  12. J

My First Frankenbike: Code Name: Green21

Something like this might help with your clearance issue... http://www.bicycle-engines.com/Wide-Cra ... l-Kit.html I've also seen people heat up and bend their existing cranks for widening.
  13. J

Another B.T.R.

Unfortunately not, Ive spent the last few weeks tearing up my lawn, putting in new irrigation, and redoing all the landscape around the house, my shops a mess because of it and the bike is sitting in the corner for now. I am still working on the tank very slowly but nothing to show.
  14. J

The Cardinal

Looks good! What is the seat you used?
  15. J

UPS Fella's Build "skeleton army"

Looks pretty good but you might want to reconsider those forks. That set up has negative trail and once you get above 15 m.p.h. you will have a hard time controlling the steering.
  16. J

Another B.T.R.

Thanks for the vote of confidence OneHorsePower, it looks like harbor freight sells dial indicators for $15.00 so I may go that route. I'm currently working on the tank and don't have any thing worth taking pictures of yet but will post some soon.
  17. J

Another B.T.R.

I laced the rear wheel myself and will do the front but will either have to buy or make a truing stand for final assembly or take them somewhere to get trued. I've got it close but not 40 mph close.
  18. J

Another B.T.R.

If you make your own intake tube you can put just about any carb you want on the motor. I'm going with a 22 mm mikuni because of how easy they are to tune and set up. Look for cobrafreaks thread, he has almost the same set up as I am planning to run only a slightly different motor.
  19. J

Another B.T.R.

Yea, the engines pretty much stripped down in the photos. I'll put a mikuni carb on with a custom intake.
Back