Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Monster Bike Rally - Chicagoland

Weather looks clear so it's on!
  2. J

So far I know of about 10 but the total turnout is anyone's guess. Either way, it will be good times! I mean, how can you go wrong with bikes and food? Throw in some downhill dragging and bike polo and it can only get better. On a weather related note - if its pouring or looks like it is...
  3. J

The "Anybody?" was really directed at any interest but still, interesting you can't see it. Everyone else I talk to can. It's linked from flickr so maybe that has something to do with it. I can't see it at work because flickr is blocked but I can see it everywhere else. Anyway - Event is...
  4. J

Anyone?
  5. J

Ratrod bike rally in the northern burbs. Drag races, bike polo, derby, BBQ - What more could you ask for?! Old School Forest Preserve is just off 94 at Rt. 176 (Entrance is off St. Mary's Road). Meet up at picnic shelter E.
  6. J

Escape from the prison planet...

Parties are crashed Skid marks are measured The stories in the paper You may read it at your leisure :wink:
  7. J

RRB SHIRT UPDATES

Got mine today - Looks great!
  8. J

IPOD!!

If you are seeing someones else's music through iTunes (the "Sharing" tab under iTunes "Edit -Preferences"), then you can't. You can only play those songs as they are not physically on your computer - you are only seeing it over a network (wireless or otherwise) and because they have the "Share...
  9. J

Removing overspray

Thanks - we have acetone at work so I will go that route first. Like I said, if it messes it up I will just remask the rim and give the hub a quick coat but it would be nice to avoid the extra work. Masking the rim was a big enough pain in the butt the first time! ~j
  10. J

Removing overspray

Rattle can - 3 coats primer, 5 coats matte black. The overspray is satin maroon. Thanks for the rec. I'll give it a try. If it scuffs up the hub's finish I will just remask the rim and lay down a couple of light coats of the black. ~j
  11. J

Removing overspray

I was painting a wheelset and while painting the rims I got some overspray on the hubs, which I obviously didn't mask (learned my lesson). Is there a way to get the overspray off with minimal damage to the hub's finish, which were painted the other day? ~j
  12. J

Goodrich Clunker (done and updated 11-20)

What's the inside diameter (in mm) of the fork steerer tube?
  13. J

Worksman Rat

It's a 34mm. I took out the old cups and measured and just to make sure I stuck in a standard cup (32.5mm) and it was loose.
  14. J

Worksman Rat

So I've started in on this and I have a question - Does anyone know what size headset cups these things take? The cups (and bearings are shot) and I am going to replace but not sure what head tube size - 30,32.7, or 34 ( I know it is for a 21.1 stem). Other than that I am currently...
  15. J

Worksman Rat

I just scored this old Workman and am tring to figure out how to rat it out. I'm really not in love with the cruiser bars and was thinking of putting some 25" rise apes on it but I'm not quite sure how it will look with the straight bars (wish it had the curved top tube). Or maybe some short...
Back