Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

'56 Ross Custom Deluxe

picked this up at a yard sale last weekend. Cleaned and waxed, repacked all the bearings, put my favorite bars/stem on it. love the red pedals. anyone know what sort of light should be on the front fender? I'm guessing it was white plastic, as there isn't much chrome on this bike...
  2. C

Briggs/pedals question for a gas build

I've got a bunch of parts to work with, but haven't quite figured out if it's possible to retain the crank and pedals when using a small (3hp) briggs motor. It's an older, round-cylinder motor. I really like the look of it. the frame is a late -30's roadmaster, being able to keep the skip-tooth...
  3. C

Ladies fork on a men's frame, thread options?

Thanks guys. I'll clean it up and see which way looks easier. There are a couple old bike shops in Pittsburgh, finding someone with a die shouldn't be too difficult. Otherwise, I'm Welding it!
  4. C

Ladies fork on a men's frame, thread options?

i have a springer fork from a 1940, I think , Roadmaster ladies' bike. The frame I ride is a mid50's Higgins. The fork tube is longer on the ladies fork, and I either need to get it threaded deeper, or maybe add a spacer, or maybe try to remove the tube and get it re welded shorter... What do...
  5. C

I have THE WORLD what now?

That bike is great, I am super-jealous of the siren.
  6. C

New find, but what is it?

my newest bike is an old Murray. late 50's, early 60's vintage. that double-tube thing must have been their design. i think they look cool. that girls' bike has great lines, build it up.
  7. C

Latest Project: Late 1920's Mead Ranger

are you near pgh? (just a guess, given Dogdart's comment) that ranger is unlike anything I've run into. very cool.
  8. C

Sewer Ratt

awesome. i dig fast buildin'. :D
  9. C

today's CL + $20

cool, thanks for the info! i've been on this bike for 3 days, it's cool as heck. my kids even dig it.
  10. C

today's CL + $20

here it is w/ mtb bars, and some w/w's. not my first choice, but they were in the basement...
  11. C

today's CL + $20

All can figure is that is was a dodgey pic. It had been on there a couple times. I finally couldn't stand it any longer and contacted the guy. I dig it a lot. Changed the bars, and put some kendas on it. The chain tires are now on my panther. Might deserve an updated pic tomorrow.
  12. C

today's CL + $20

that's what I was thinking. someone suggested it might be a Hawthore frame. how early could a Murray be? The guy I bought it from said he'd been riding that frame since he was a kid. The springer came off his cousin's bike when they were teenagers.
  13. C

today's CL + $20

holy cow, you guys are fast. thanks alot. C
  14. C

new cl bike

that was fast. awesome.
  15. C

new cl bike

anybody want to guess what this is? has a bunch of different parts added to it, so that's no help. cool pointed rear drops...
  16. C

today's CL + $20

got this today from a guy in his 50's. Listed as an "older 26" boys bike". I need help id'n the frame, may also post this in that forum as well... looks like a JC Higgins springer, also has a 70's wheelset, Wald front, USA Bendix coaster both with really nice Chain tires... $20 well spent. I...
  17. C

Cucumber

i especially dig the spring-work... and the Bladerunner track in the first vid.
  18. C

24 hour Norman build

got this frameset less than 24 hours ago from Charles. Lovely, mid 50's (i think) english Flyer. I had a stash of old 3-spd parts, a cool Wright leather saddle, and slapped this together quick. still needs a chain...and I have a great set of black/ gold pinstripe fenders that almost fit...but...
  19. C

Clover Lane

The bars on that bike are beautiful. Great photo, good luck with your project.
  20. C

Polished Not Painted ... finished pics

Re: Polished Not Painted ah... it looks to have the same hubs and giant wing-nuts. Very unusual components, those German bikes. with all the lugs, that frame is going to be beautiful w/o paint
Back