Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Marc Snelson

Ratty Kirk Revolution Update 1

It's funny that you say that. Look at my previous bike :) viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56429
  2. Marc Snelson

Yeah, sorry for the gap in the updates. I've had so many projects on the go (including a full stripdown and rebuild of my car's rear suspension, the build up of my new carbon fibre Trek Madone and a lot of foreign travel with my job) that i've fallen a little behind schedule with this project...
  3. Marc Snelson

So... I took the frame. It was from a donor bike I picked up from a guy locally for £35 all in. After spending a couple of hours stripping it back, fighting seized parts and cleaning it I ended up with the raw bad boy below. The frame is made from cast Magnesium so it will not rust like...
  4. Marc Snelson

New dude from the UK...

UK Roman - we may be from the same mould!
  5. Marc Snelson

Ratty Kirk Revolution

I actually have three :) One is built up (the gold bike), another is mt BBO7 entry - and the last one is in the garage hanging up waiting for another opportunity to build a bike !
  6. Marc Snelson

New dude from the UK...

I'm an Essex man living in the wilds of Northamptonshire :)
  7. Marc Snelson

New dude from the UK...

Hey everybody. I just loaded my first post into the RRB forum and wanted to introduce myself. I've been into bikes for as long as I can remember. I love bikes of all types, all brands, all ages, shapes and sizes. I compete in Ironman triathlon events and ride epic sportive rides regularly...
  8. Marc Snelson

Ratty Kirk Revolution

Yeah - I'm pretty new to forums. I'm much more at home with a spanner! It took me about 20 minutes just to figure out how to upload the pictures :) I'll load an introduction piece shortly. The bike is indeed cast Magnesium. They were made by a British company who extracted the Magnesium out...
  9. Marc Snelson

Ratty Kirk Revolution

Day one. Dusting off the Kirk Revolution frame that has been waiting patiently for some attention. It will be my second Kirk Revolution project. Here's a pic of the first - a Steampunk inspired bike called Victoria. Gentlemen, start your engines!
Back