Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. HotRodHocke

Viking IV

Received the new front hub and installed it together with the disc brake, shortened the shifter cable, added some lights, painted a "Viking" sign on the head tube and took some new pictures:
  2. HotRodHocke

Viking IV

Thanks for all the nice comments! Still waiting for the new shifter to arrive and I have also ordered a new front hub to be able to put a disc brake on it. Been riding the bike a couple of times around the small town where I live and it is really working great, very happy with it!
  3. HotRodHocke

Viking IV

Used most of today to work on the bike and it's more or less done: Only real hickup during assembly was that I had to replace the crank as the one I was planning on using was hardened and impossible to re-thread for the new pedals. Also of course took it for a test ride and it was...
  4. HotRodHocke

Viking IV

Today's progress. Painted the frame: And made sure I have everything ready for final assembly. Gonna polish the handlebar and there also some of the other small parts that needs some attention and mods before I can start to put it back together again:
  5. HotRodHocke

Viking IV

Been working in Copenhagen, Denmark since February and brought last years build the Path Racer down there as Copenhagen really is a bike friendly city and very nice to go bike riding in. Anyway, I've seen all these cool fixies and single speed bikes in Copenhagen and I really like the simple...
  6. HotRodHocke

Over the weekend resto

My mother in law left this bike in our carport when she bought a new one and I thought it might be a good idea to put it back to life and restore it: Bought some stuff for it: Took it apart: Mockup: Paint: Cleaned wheels with new tires on: The finished result: Håkan
  7. HotRodHocke

Path Racer - Early Euro style - A year later

Hi again, Last year I built this path racer style bike: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54228 Since February I've been working in Copenhagen, Denmark and early on I noticed that a lot of people are using bikes and that most of the town also is very bike riding friendly...
  8. HotRodHocke

Lightning Bolt : renamed to SHAZAM!

Sorry that I never answered your question about masking, but judging from the pictures everything turned out great! Hope your daughter likes it also!
  9. HotRodHocke

Path Racer - Early Euro style - Finished!

Many thanks Gdcast and pickle! For a short while I felt a little challenged by the RRB Build Off #7, even took one of the leftover bike frames I have in storage into the garage, but I decided to start working on the '67 Mustang project again as I together with the bike parts for this path racer...
  10. HotRodHocke

Thanks FatBoy! Final touch, added some lettering to it: Håkan
  11. HotRodHocke

Many thanks everyone! Also thanks for the feedback and ideas about the white part on the seat tube! I actually have a whole website dedicated to my '67 Mustang coupe project, it's here: http://www.vikingmustang.com and it's linked together with my photo albums of it at Fotki here...
  12. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style Many thanks Gdcast & DesignIt, really inspiring comments! Have the project pretty much finished now. Was thinking about adding some kind of lettering on the white area on the frame, but we'll see. Had to do something there as I was too eager to start...
  13. HotRodHocke

Re: Lightning Bolt Yes, it wouldn't be too hard to mask. Hope your daugther likes it too. Here's a more "golden" version: Håkan
  14. HotRodHocke

Re: Lightning Bolt Not really the right colors, but IMO this looks "electric": Håkan
  15. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style Today's project status, sorry about the bad phone pic, but here it is: Working on some decal and paint details where the blue masking tape is on it, not sure yet if I am going to pinstripe the rest of the frame or not. More later, Håkan
  16. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style If you mean to the left in the background of this pic: it's my '67 Mustang coupe that I have been working on for years, I am actually closing in on starting to paint it. But it's a very slow process as I get sidetracked to whole time, but that's the nice...
  17. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style Thanks FatBoy! I wasn't really happy with the surface finish after the zinc primer so I added a layer of high build primer: Here's the result after the water borne acrylic has dried, a very flat black: And here's the final result just after the second...
  18. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style Håkan
  19. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style Thanks gcrank1, Gdcast and hewey, your comments are really appreciated! Paint is now in progress: Gray zinc primer: Planning on water borne black and hopefully a polyurethane clearcoat later today. Håkan
  20. HotRodHocke

Re: Path Racer - Early Euro style Thanks! Your blog was one of the places I visited to get inspiration for this build! Thanks! I just drilled and tapped the OPC. Already bought the tools for it when I was building the "Strawberry Milk" bike. After going back and checking out my collection...
Back