Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

Post Your Ocean Pacific Cruisers!

(Click the images for higher res photos) I'm one of the lucky ones that got it on sale for $79 bucks. Here are the upgrades I've added: Internal 3 speed hub with shifter (rear wheel kit) - ($115 bucks at Amazon) Kenda Tires ($26 bucks at Amazon) Leather Grips ($12 bucks at Amazon)...
  2. V

OP Roller: sprocket tooth upgrade helps on hills?

I ended up going with a 3 speed rear wheel conversion kit and some kenda low rolling resistance tires. I'm pleased as punch with how it turned out.
  3. V

OP Roller to Electra Sparker (on a budget)

Thanks guys! I especially appreciate the links. One of those saddles just might do the trick. Leaning to the ones without tassles though
  4. V

Thanks Eddie, once I find the right saddle, its going to really "set" it off - pun intended ;-) Anyone if this Avenir Saddle comes in brown (to match the grips)?
  5. V

My OP Roller "3i" - The "Poor Man's Electra Townie"

Here's my "OP Roller 3i" (Townie Clone) I just upgraded the tires and added a 3 speed internal rear wheel kit with shifter. Its a real pleasure to ride now with the 3 speed internal hub and the extreme light weight chasis. I'm especially pleased with these Kenda tires over the stock tires. The...
  6. V

NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Here's my "OP Roller 3i" (Townie Clone) I upgraded the tires and added a 3 speed internal rear wheel kit with shifter and a few other tweaks. I'm especially pleased with these Kenda tires over the stock tires (much lower rolling resistance and they look identical to the ones that ship on the...
  7. V

Update: I've completed most of the work I'll be doing to the bike. The only thing left is paint and fenders. I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out. Its a real pleasure to ride now with the 3 speed internal hub and the extreme light weight chasis. (Click the images for higher res photos)...
  8. V

OP Roller Single speed to 3 speed rear wheel conversion

I've got a 26" men's OP Roller beach cruiser and I'd like to convert it from single speed to 3 speed with a Shimano/Nexus internal 3 speed rear wheel conversion kit. My question is whether the rear forks are wide enough to accomodate the new 3 speed hub wheel? It looks like the wheel is wider...
  9. V

Yep, I wont be putting any Electra badges or markings on my bike, I'm just using the Sparker as inspiration. My end product will be an original with my own flavor and personality added to the bike. That's the fun part for me.
  10. V

Paint over paint with sand and primer?

Thanks KJV. I appreciate the "wisdom" of your experience :-) Nice handle by the way.
  11. V

Thanks Gary. I appreciate the feedback. I think I'm going to want fenders before I do the paint work. It will have to wait until I complete my 3 speed gear conversion. I'm hoping a scrap bike with an internal 3 speed turns up on craigslist or at the local thrift stores, but I'll probably end up...
  12. V

Here's my new ride... Got some mods in store including paint (Army green), fenders, 3 speed rear wheel and shifter and a new tan leather seat (to complete the "military bike" look).
  13. V

OK, so no problem fitting an internally geared wheel on the back without mods then? Or are all internally geared rear wheel kits that same size as a standard wheel without gearing? I only ask because I picked up a 21 speed Schwinn MB for parts and found that the rear fork width was much too...
  14. V

Wow, sorry about that Kim. Why are you tearing your Electra apart? :cry:
  15. V

Thanks Joe. I'm already having fun just hunting down the information. I can see how this can quickly become a bit of an obsession :-)
  16. V

That's my brand new OP Roller (WalMart $79) that I'm turning into a "Poor Man's Electra Sparker". The frame is a near carbon copy of the Sparker design. My only mods thus far are the sticker removal (partial), stem height adjustment and custom electra handgrips (Amazon.com $14 shipped) My...
  17. V

OP Roller: sprocket tooth upgrade helps on hills?

My OP Roller has a stock 16 tooth single speed sprocket. I'd like to have a bit easier pedal on hills and would like to get some opinion on converting to a higher tooth count sprocket. Thanks in advance. I'm new here :-)
  18. V

Rim Paintjob similar to Electra Townie 3i

I'm looking to achieve an effect like this: With a color insert on the inset portion (don't know the proper term) of the rim as in the yellow section of the Electra bike above. The effect looks much more impressive in person. These bikes are well crafted and well designed, but the $500 price...
  19. V

I'm getting started on my first project, converting an OP Roller to an Electra Sparker clone. The OP folks have already got me most of the way there right off the rack (the bikes are near carbon copies of one another), but there's a few tweaks I want to make. First, I'm looking to paint the...
  20. V

Will these fenders fit a beach cruiser frame?

Great info cman. Thanks very much. Based on this info, will we see fat tires start to make an appearance at Tour De France? Just kidding. Very interesting info and findings...
Back