Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 1968longboy

new to this fat tire/rim thing....

OK...so here is the skinny. I'm new to this whole 80 MM fat bike thing. I'm doing a custom frame Build...of which I'm wanting to run 80 MM rims front and rear, with disks front and rear. When it comes to figuring out what I need to get, I'm having a little trouble. The hub is was considering...
  2. 1968longboy

Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina

Wish we had one down here in the midlands. I live just south of Columbia and have been waiting for someone to make a club of some sort.
  3. 1968longboy

A very sad Sears Screamer...

That's the color mine is supposed to be too! Man my bike is missing quite a bit. Oh well. At least the handle bars are there. Thanks Tanks!
  4. 1968longboy

Four Crusty Schwinns

Nice Schwinn lot.
  5. 1968longboy

Didn't know that was original shifter. Always seen them with the shifters that had the black knob on top instead of what is on the bike now. :) Progress has been slow. As mentioned (or I think I mentioned)....I'm working alot so progress will be VERY slow with this one. But a part a day is...
  6. 1968longboy

Well folks...here is my find for this weekend. A very sad looking Sears Screamer. Folks say it looks like a 68', so thats what I am running with. Lol. It needs ALOT of work obviously. It has incorrect parts through out. But to me...those handlebars still being on the bike made it worth the...
  7. 1968longboy

Let's see some pictures of Ross Frames

Thanks :). After seeing the other S.D. up there with the same seat and grips as mine, makes me rethink the "original to the bike" status of those parts. Would be great if they were stock to the bike.
  8. 1968longboy

Let's see some pictures of Ross Frames

Late 50s/Early 60s Ross Super Deluxe Craigslist find. I got it because I could not get over that fender ornament. I seen the photo of that one part in the ad and said "That IS going in my collection...". Overall shape of the bike is pretty good. Mostly original, or so it seems. Only things that...
  9. 1968longboy

Ross Super Deluxe Craigslist find

Are these bulbs a special type of bulb? They seem to be just a normal flash light bulb, as they screw into a metal plate that has a fairly stiff wire riveted to it. As for the Chain Bicycle Company thing...yes. Says so on the seat tube's decal :) .
  10. 1968longboy

Ross Super Deluxe Craigslist find

Been watching this one on the C-List for a while. It endured a price rollercoaster. Once it got to a nice price for me, I scooped it up. Only issue is, is that the headlights don't work. But its a cool bike none the less :).
  11. 1968longboy

Third Sidewinder 99% done

Re: Third Sidewinder This Year You find sidewinders like its no body's buisness. Lol. Paint looks better than whats on my sidewinder.
  12. 1968longboy

Skatepark find- 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder

Pmed about the parts :D
  13. 1968longboy

Gold Street, Here are some photos of the right handed (rear derailleur) shifter. As mentioned, its a Suntour Mighter shifter. Don't care if it has some rust because Lord knows, this one does. Lol. Just want one that works well and is original to this bike :)
  14. 1968longboy

Sure will. I'm about to go do some work on the front rim. I'll get you a photo then. :D
  15. 1968longboy

Yeah they are. It still surprises me every time I get on it due to how comfy it is. Its a very fun bike to ride. :D
  16. 1968longboy

Yup thats it. But mine has the derailleur, I just need the Suntour "Mighty" thumb shifter for that derailleur.
  17. 1968longboy

Thanks Outskirts. I couldn't hardly believe it until I seen it up close. Still can't get over the fact that this turned up at a skatepark. Lol. Gold Street, please let me know if you have anything. I have one other guy who has a 10 speed Sidewinder but he decided to do a 5 speed set up, so he...
  18. 1968longboy

Yup, found this one at the local Skatepark. Some dude was pushing it through the parking lot when those anodized gold wheels caught my eye as the sun shined off of them. Once I found it is a sidewinder, I bought it instantly after we went back and fourth on the price. In the end, I got a good...
  19. 1968longboy

bang bang Columbia and Schwinn Panther

Beautiful bikes. If I had the Panther, that thing would be a carpet queen on most days.
  20. 1968longboy

UPSIZED BMX 26 & 29 inch. OPINIONS?

GT also put out the Performer as a 26 as well. Not sure how much I like it though. http://www.metrobicyclestores.com/produ ... 6220-1.htm
Back