Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Time to Build this here Murray!

So at the local Savers, I found a Murray Cat Muscle Bike! Let the build madness begin! After ripping her apart, here's what I've got so far. Pretty much a complete Muscle Cat-Rat Here's the frame, complete with 1000 layers of spray bomb smh... Here's the Murray Springer, probably my...
  2. B

Murray Muscle Cats?

Yesterday I found a very spray-bombed Murray Cat 20" Muscle Bike. It has a trap springer fork which I'm not certain is stock. Does anybody know about these bikes? Where are the serial numbers located? What years were they produced? It's a neat looking frame, I'm thinking I might use it for the...
  3. B

i like 'em shiny!

I do respect patina, but I find I like clean, shiny bikes better. I've been warned that loving clean, re-painted bikes could cause a forfeiture of my "rat" card. My argument is " to each his own". But I do feel as though significantly more work is involved with refinishing. And I also feel...
  4. B

absolutely ridiculous!!!??

Seen this and was like What! This bike is from 94, not the 80's, and was STX gruppo! That makes it worth like 150 TOPS! Most insane add and price ever! http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 755014430+
  5. B

reflectors and lights...

I put them on anything I intend to ride. Many people think it's cheezy to put a full compliment of reflectors on a bike, but I ask: how many times have you nearly hit some fool because he was riding at night with no reflectors, and you almost didn't see him. In my state, full reflectors are...
  6. B

1954 Rollfast Budget Rat NOW MOSTLY DONE

So I recently scored a 1954 Rollfast for a mere 75 bucks. I had originally intended to grease and ride, but it's paint was less than half there, and closer examination revealed that many of it's parts were not stock. However, even though not stock, its parts were no newer than the late fifties...
  7. B

Please help me date my Rollfast

Imagine my surprise to see this outside the antique/junk shop. I managed to score this Rollfast for an exceptionally reasonable price (old bikes are rare as heck in Connecticut, for some reason). Here's some pictures of it as she sits pre-restoration. If anyone can help me with the date and...
  8. B

Post Your Chopper pics!

If there is a chopper thread I can't seem to find it. It would be cool of people posted pics of their choppers! If there is such a thread, then mods by all means, please disregard and remove this thread! Thanks Guys!
  9. B

Not Schwinn OCC final results

Here are the final results of my OCC Chopper, which is not a Schwinn. The sun cooperated and I was able to take some pics of it's snazziness! Enjoy! Mods include: Decals removed Custom telescopic seatpost Schwinn padded seat 175mm BMX crankset Custom fabricated LED headlight Bell Comfort Grips...
  10. B

Equally as crazy as Craiglist

This is from ebay. Really? I mean... really? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260782572677+&clk_rvr_id=238956814571
  11. B

Get to da choppa!

Is there a "show off your chopper" thread? If there isn't (or even if there is) we should have another one! Get to da choppas!
  12. B

Let the Ratting Commence!

Here are some photos of my Official Unofficial Orange County Chopper that has begun to become thoroughly Ratted. This bike has some cool history, it's a 2002 Pacific that OCC officially disowns. According to the OCC sales and marketing division, who I have been communicating with for the past...
  13. B

Lets see some custom lights!

Okay I built a custom light for less than six dollars! It's a camping lantern, an led flashlight and a funnel! Anyone else build some custom lights? Let's see 'em! :D :D :D
  14. B

First Ride of the New Cruisers!

Here are some picks of the new semi-unmodified cruisers that I scoured local department stores to find. As with all department store bought-off-the-rack bikes, these were a far cry from safe or even operational when I purchased them. The blue one is a Kulana Moon Dog, with new pedals and grips...
  15. B

Mysterious non- Schwinn OCC

So I was helping some friends clean out their yard last year and I found most of this bike half buried in sand, with a maple tree growing through the frame and no sign of the chrome on it because it was completely rusted at any surface that didn't have a decal on it. I fell in love with it...
  16. B

Hello from the wilds of Connecticut!

Hey guys! This is Blueboy5000 from the lands of New England. Good to meet you people. Got a couple rats I'm working on atm, will post pics today. This is a cool site, I've been doing this for about twenty years now, and only yesterday did I learn that ratting bikes is a legitimate hobby. You...
Back