Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

WESTFIELD Bike BADGED COLUMBIA bicycle Elgin Guard ?

Curved brace handlebars were used by columbia just before the second world war... http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2093/2070412580_68df5bae3f.jpg Same bars they reproduced for the 1941 reproductions as well. Because of the reproductions, the racks, and "correct" guards are usually pretty easy...
  2. E

1923 Ranger, nearly complete!

I've always loved Motorbikes, and I've especially always loved the Mead Rangers. I finally found one that was above my price range, but still reasonable. I bought it, and my friend picked it up for me. A few weeks ago I went to his Organ (w/ cello) recital in Northern Ohio to get the bike. I...
  3. E

Coppertone Varsity - My First Bike

Love the 245! Looks to be in nice shape too.
  4. E

Rusty/Patina Bicycle Gallery

My '35 Colson: First, when I got it: Now, nearly finished: Once I get a fender clip, I have the correct braced dropstand for the bike. It needs a Defender for the rear, a new set of pedals, and as a future endeavor to make it more rideable in Cincinnati's steep terrain, I'd like to...
  5. E

Green Camelback

Is that your pre-1981 Volvo 240 in the background? I have an '82, and I love these cars!
  6. E

2nd generation Schwinn you say? *new pics added*

I think it's a '98. It shows some of the repop phantom parts, and it has the flared fenders. I know the cruiser deluxe didn't sport a tank until '97. I bought one in '96 (I was 12) after saving my allowance for forever only to have the tank version come out the next year. Man was I bummed...
  7. E

Daddy Katz Show Pics!!!

Awesome, Thanks!
  8. E

Daddy Katz Show Pics!!!

Hey, Anyone know the seller in the last picture? I was talking to him about a trade, and gave him my phone number. I think it must've been input incorrectly because he called my phone, right afterwards to put it in his phone, but I didn't see any numbers show up on mine. His name is Steve I...
  9. E

New Build - Gas Saver; Purse Breaker.

Well, I've made a bit of progress on the bike. The red is was another intermediary paint trial, which I don't like. I found the black rims w/ gold pinstripe, and I think the bike will wear the same black/gold paint. The rims are laced to a Sturmey Archer XF-DD (Drum Brake w/ Dynamo) in the...
  10. E

Basement Fresh 1952 Red Phantom

I told you to buy it! It would've saved me the money! It might be a good candidate for a motor conversion.
  11. E

After a tiny bit of cleaning:
  12. E

Well, this isn't exactly my Fresh Find. Credit goes to el duderino for alerting me to the bike. Some guy brought it into the bike shop, and wanted to sell it, but he didn't want to pay the asking price. He alerted me that a Black Phantom was for sale. Mostly complete minus tank, rear wheel...
  13. E

46' Ludwig and a mid 30's Hawthorne

Hm, I always assumed the Ludwig bikes were built by Cleveland Welding, since it shares the same badge shape. But that one is definitely a Huffman built bike.
  14. E

X-53

Bring that out for the Slow and Steady ride!
  15. E

1953-55? Huffman-built Wester Flyer

I've had this one for a long time. But I've finally got it mostly back together as it's been sitting in pieces in the attic for several years. Wes
  16. E

1935 Colson Motorbike

By all means. If it ever stops raining a motorbike ride is totally in order.
  17. E

1935 Colson Motorbike

That's how the chain came though. It needs to be soaked to loosen it up though, some of the links are still unhappy. I'd like to get an 8 tooth rear sprocket instead, which will give more speed, and have the same end result. It has a weird "master" link though. It's got a small screw in it...
  18. E

schwinn cycletruck

You guys get some pretty interesting bikes down there! I saw your posting before about spending a copious amount of time working on Rod Brakes. I think that was Dave's '52 Raleigh wasn't it? If that was what you were referencing, the brakes worked fantastically afterwards.* Wes...
  19. E

1935 Colson Motorbike

I'm guessing this is a 1935 Colson. I bought this one when I got a 1936 Schwinn-Built Fleet (ladies) as sort of an afterthought. I was planning to fix the Fleet up and sell it, and I figured what the hey, get two bikes for one trip, and the price was reasonable. Well, this may be my new...
  20. E

Lets see your Columbia's!

1935 or 1936 Westfield Built Columbus (not exactly a Columbia, but I gather this is sort of a Westfield built post, unofficially)
Back