Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bananared

Spaceliner help?

You guys rock, thank you so much! Any tips on where to find the missing parts? Checking EBay of course, and also Wichita Craigslist (Kansas seems to have cornered the market in amassing Spaceliners for some reason) but any other tips would be helpful. I've been working on getting the clearcoat...
  2. bananared

Spaceliner help?

Today was Christmas in July. My guy surprised me with a Spaceliner - something I've been coveting for a long time. She needs some polishing, but overall is in super awesome shape. I need to locate a tank and the lights for the rear rack, but the hunt is part of the fun, right? So, I'm wondering...
  3. bananared

Help identifying a Hawthorne we got for a steal...

On closer inspection (read: blowing up a photo to massive proportions...) it looks like it's an AC after the serial number. check it out: And here's the dropout and bridge:
  4. bananared

Those rack supports are sick! Wow. I just checked the serial no. again and there is nothing stamped after it. What does that mean? Your bike is wicked. I'm curious about the Hiawatha chain guard - it's the same exact shape as our Hawthorne here.
  5. bananared

Thanks! And we were also wondering about the 24"/26" question. The back looks like it could definitely hold a 26" wheel, but not sure on the front. I'm also fairly sure Hawthorne made a 24" ladies' bike but perhaps they might have offered the option to put a 24" wheel set on the 26" frame...
  6. bananared

Hi there, So the man and I were out ridin' today and spied something curious sticking out of the back of a junk-piled truck. Further investigation led to finding this beauty - a 24" (edit: may be 26" frame with 24" wheel set?) Hawthorne in excellent shape, complete with tank, horn, fenders and...
Back