Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kevin B

Aug. ‘65 Schwinn Sting-Ray J33

Amazing!!!
  2. Kevin B

What are you listening to?

While thinking about the name Crash chose for his build. Crashes Build I pulled this up from my favorite band the Seldom Scene Album version Zany live antics version, Clapton would be proud . . . I can't help myself, this is another excellent title Crash considered . . . Sorry Wilson Pickett...
  3. Kevin B

The… needs a new name

From the thesaurus, The Shadow Jet. From a black Angus cow we had, Licorice, a black and tan dog I had, Ebony.
  4. Kevin B

The World's Largest Engine

38" bore and 8' stroke😮 https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/wartsila-sulzer-rta96-c-the-world-s-largest-engine/
  5. Kevin B

What are you listening to?

I have an Old and in the Way and the Pizza tape albums. Being a five string banjo player I always found it amazing Jerry could play missing a finger. Barry Abernathy picks the five string with only nubs on his hands (early Mountain Heart picker)
  6. Kevin B

Schwinn Varsity Party Bike

I was thinker wetter application might help.
  7. Kevin B

Schwinn Varsity Party Bike

This is the "chrome" that I use too. Have you ever noticed a metallic "dust" on your hands when you handle the part after it dries? I have clear coated it but that seems to dull it. Any advice?
  8. Kevin B

SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

Ditto
  9. Kevin B

Chrome Molly

I always liked this build of your's. It has been fun to watch it evolve too.
  10. Kevin B

Bike Memes

Protect your daughter against bike hair.
  11. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

It is done for now. I hope to find some chrome bars some day. I ordered a pair of these caps from Moon Equipment. The chain wheel was so rusty that when I cleaned it up there was no chrome. I repainted the back black per the original and coated the front with clear. Had to get a new...
  12. Kevin B

What in the world!!!

13. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

Had to make a front fender. The owner lost the original. I used an old Huffy cruiser front fender to make a shorty, bobbed fender like the original. I used a Dremel cutoff wheel to make the slots for the mount. Rivets attached the mount and filled the old fender brace holes. My first attempt...
  14. Kevin B

Don't Forget . . .

Remember to set your ignition timing forward this morning. 😁
  15. Kevin B

Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge 2023

Those will come close to transferring that 429 power to the pavement 😊👍
  16. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

I'm just glad you talked me into it. It's looking like it may become my new daily rider! I used what you said about the value of the saddle to justify it to the Mrs.😊😄😆
  17. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

Choosing bars. The original chrome GT moon bars were badly flaking. After an aluminum foil cleaning there wasn't much chrome left. Hit them with a flapped wheel and sprayed them black. I've seen several Mooneyes cruisers painted like that on the Net. Must be a common problem. I have one...
  18. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

Got an order in from Mooneyes, Santa Fe Springs, CA. I bet you can guess what was in that package :) I wish I could afford some moons discs.
  19. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

The frame with everything removed. Initial clean up of most of the components
  20. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

The as found condition of some of the components. I just not a fan of those wheels. Seems like they would be more at home on a low rider. The originals were 36 spoke (sometimes with Moon discs)
Back